CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  14.1 Migration SDM - mdb transport from swingbox

Posted Mar 06, 2015 04:48 AM

Hi,

after migrating mdb in the swingbox and installing 14.1 in the target-system I moved the mdb from swingbox to the target-system.

(mdb - task - restore)

From this point you cannot connect to mdb via mdbadmin.

The reason seems to be that the global sql-user mdbadmin remains in sql.

With the restore the mdb comes with it's own mdbamin.

Those do not fit together.

Workaround:

I removed mdbadmin and ServiceDesk user in sql security and mdb security and created them new in the sql security and assigned the roles/rights as necessary.

After that it worked.

Is there any other way to do that?

Regards,

Peter

• 2.  Re: 14.1 Migration SDM - mdb transport from swingbox

Posted Mar 06, 2015 06:04 PM

The instructions to upgrade to 12.7 using the swing box method referenced a stored procedure in SQL Server that takes care of orphaned database users.  Maybe that's what was missing?  I just checked the new 14.1 swing box steps and it has no where near as much content.

1. After the SQL restore is complete you must run the stored procedure in SQL to fix the orphaned users - which are created when restoring a db from one SQL instance to another.

SHOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS: sp_change_users_login 'AUTO_FIX','ServiceDesk'

Using the Swing-Box method for Upgrading/Migrating to a new version of CA Service Desk Manager

• 3.  Re: 14.1 Migration SDM - mdb transport from swingbox

Posted Mar 09, 2015 05:20 AM

Hi,

thanks a lot for information.

- In 14.1 documentation there is nothing to find for this situation

- sp_change_users_login exists in SQL and I'll try it next time hoping TEC578669 also works correct under 14.1

I'll update here as early as possible.

Regards,

Peter