CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SDM+SLCM+ITAM Installer

Posted Mar 07, 2015 05:23 AM

Hi team,

I didn't find the installer which contains CA Service Desk Manager, CA Service Catalog and CA Asset Portfolio Manager in the ISO image at support.ca.com.
    I saw the installer in the training material named "PreGA CA Service Desk Manager 14.1: Differences 200" like below.

Could you let me know where I can download it?

Thanks,
    Hirofumi Iwashita

• 2.  Re: SDM+SLCM+ITAM Installer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 12:04 PM

The "common installer" provided with CA Service Management 14.1 is specific to the solution(s) your organization has licensed and is entitled to use, based upon your existing contract(s).  f you are not licensed for something, it will not appear in the common installer.

For example, if you are only licensed for CA Service Desk Manager, you will not see CA Service Catalog or CA Asset Portfolio Management.

For existing customers who are licensed to use a single solution (for example, CA Service Desk Manager), the ISO you download has a specific common installer that will only show CA Service Desk Manager.

If you are an existing customer who is licensed for multiple solutions (for example, CA Service Desk Manager and CA Service Catalog), please contact your Account Team to discuss options for altering your contract(s) to allow you to access an ISO that will reflect your solution entitlement.  Your Account Team will have the best information to determine your license entitlement.

• 3.  Re: SDM+SLCM+ITAM Installer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 12:30 PM

Hi Roger,

I am an employee at CA Technologies, so I would like to know whether the installer exists or not.

If yes, could youl let me know the ISO file name and the place I can download?

Thanks,

Hirofumi Iwashita

• 4.  Re: SDM+SLCM+ITAM Installer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 06:19 PM

Hi, Hirofumi  --  As a CA employee, you have access to all of the “CA Service Management Package” SKUs.  There is no single SKU that includes all three (3) solutions – SDM, Catalog, Asset Portfolio Management.

You will need to download two (2) separate ISO to get everything.  The “CASM SDM Package” has SDM and Catalog.  The “CASM APM Package” has APM and Catalog.  The “CASM ITAM Package” has APM, SAM, and Catalog.

A good scenario would be to download the “SDM Package”, install SDM and Catalog; then download the “APM Package” to install APM.  The common installer will detect that Catalog, CABI, EEM, PAM are already installed and won’t re-install.

I hope this makes sense.

• 5.  Re: SDM+SLCM+ITAM Installer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 07:01 PM

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your reply but I saw the attached figure which contains CA Service Desk, CA Service Catalog and CA Asset Portfolio Manager.

Does it exist? Currently, I cannot find it as below.

2015-02-19 13.32.59.png

Thanks,

Hirofumi Iwashita

• 6.  Re: SDM+SLCM+ITAM Installer

Posted Mar 13, 2015 01:31 AM

Hi Roger,

Could you check my last update?

Thanks,

Hirofumi Iwashita