CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PAM process from SDM Event not working

• 1.  PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted Oct 16, 2014 10:32 AM

My current customer is running SDM 12.9 and PAM 4.2.2.  We are trying to fire off a PAM process from an event associated to the Update Status Activity Notification.  When the status update happens, the event shows up in the Event History with a status of Pending, but the PAM process never gets run.  I am not seeing any errors in the stdlog indicating a problem.  Anyone done anything similar and have it working?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted Oct 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Hi Kevin,

Are you using a SRF, right?

I have done that and it's working, I will write the steps I performed:

- On Service Desk, go to Administration - Events and Macros;

- Create the Macro (on Macro Type -> Select 'Execute CA IT PAM Action' and on the Object Type  -> You need to select the option that will trigger the PAM process, in my case I use 'Request/Incident/Problem);

- After saving, a new window will appear, on the CA IT PAM you need to select the PAM process that you want to use;

- Create an Event. After that, go to Action Information Tab - Update Action On True and associate the Macro that you have created previously.

- Go to Notifications -  Create a new Activity Notification - after that go to the Events tab and associate the Event that you created (Note: The delay time has to be != 00:00:00).

P.s: On the SRF properties put 'Macro' on the TAG field.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted Oct 16, 2014 04:59 PM

Is the TAG field case sensitive?  Does it need to be Macro, or will macro work?

• 4.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 06:56 PM

Yes it is case sensitive 

• 5.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted Oct 16, 2014 09:32 PM

Hi Kevin,

Did you verify in the PAM home page if the process was triggered by the event? If no, I would suggest you open support issue and refer PROB #:2699.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 6.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 14, 2015 11:11 AM

Hello Duarte,

The version of My IT PAM is 4.2 SP02.

When i create my Macro and i choose the Macro Type : Execute CA IT PAM Action and Selection CA IT PAM Definition i do not see Startup Forms.

And dans IT PAM when I right click the startup form and I selected property, I do not see too the Keywords tab.

While I'm the steps below

Follow these steps:

1. Log in to CA Process Automation Management Console as an administrative user. (For Example pamadmin on a new install of CA Process Automation 3.1. For previous versions of CA Process Automation or on an upgraded instance of 3.1, this user would typically be an itpamadmin.)

a. Click on the CA Process Automation Client link on the upper right hand side.

b. Open the CA Process Automation Library Browser.

2. Right-click the directory under which you would like to create an SRF.

3. Navigate to New Object, Start Request Form.

The Start Request Form appears in the right pane of CA Process Automation library.

4. Provide a name.

5. Right-click on the SRF to open Properties.

The Library Object Properties page appears.

6. Click the General tab and modify the description of the Start Request Form. Add a description that identifies the proper usage of the Start Request Form and the associated Process Definition to the CA SDM Administrator.

7. Click the Keywords tab.

The Keywords tab is active.

8. Click the ab+ icon.

A row adds to the empty list.

9. Click the row.

Question : Is this is a version problem ?

• 7.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 14, 2015 02:07 PM

In PAM 4.2 it is called the Tags tab (not Keywords)

• 8.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 15, 2015 04:25 PM

Hello Lindsay,

When i'm in SDM for create macro and choose type macro Execution action CA IT PAM.

We do not see Startup Forms as the picture below shows.

Can you give me more details macro to attach my startup Form please.

2015-05-15 16_19_15-Labo - zolin2487g.tech.png

• 9.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 16, 2015 12:32 AM

In the Tags on the SRF (Start Request Form) in PAM you have the word macro (all lower case) and the SRF is Checked In?

• 10.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 19, 2015 09:13 AM

My pam is version CA Process Automation 4.2 SP02, i am not see in the Tags on the SRF (Start Request Form) in PAM.

2015-05-19 09_10_26-Labo - zolin2487g.tech.mrq - Connexion Bureau à distance.png

• 11.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 19, 2015 09:15 AM

Not see  the word macro the SRF

• 12.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 19, 2015 02:09 PM

You need to add the word macro and click Save

• 13.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 21, 2015 01:35 PM

Hello Lindsay

I would like to work in a workflow it pam. After creating my service request at sdm do I link my tasks realize at PAM.

If so, could you help me find the right solution or documentation?

Thanks,

• 14.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 22, 2015 12:49 AM

Hello Samatar,

I assume you have the product documentation (from the install media) for Service Desk and for Process Automation. Have you also downloaded from the CA Support site the Process Management for Workflows - CA Service Desk and CA CMDB Connectors (DVD04092812E)?

It seems that this is all rather new to you. I make my living as an independent consultant helping organizations use these tools. If you would like to discuss how I could help your organization please send your contact information to me at Lindsay@iteduconsultants.com

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 15.  Re: PAM process from SDM Event not working

Posted May 19, 2015 04:18 PM

Thanks Lindsay.