CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  KB in BOXI

Posted Apr 03, 2015 06:16 PM

Hello Friends,

Am looking for a read and write permissions group assigned to KB docs, I have evaluated for the options and found the fields readpgroup,writepgroup but if we drag them in queryoutput then it is goveing only the valuea not the name of the group.do we have any other field to fetch the information on KB read and write permission groups or we need to  add customize field to the boxi, if so whihc field needs to be used.In the wsp i have found these  read permisison,write permisison ,inherit permission values at the place of permisisons.

Regards,

Mohan

• 2.  Re: KB in BOXI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2015 02:48 PM

Hi Mohan,

Unfortunately the Universe does not offer an easier mechanism for this.  Knowledge -> Knowledge Document Extended   OR Knowledge Document classes contain two main items about PGroups.

1)    One is the Pgroup ID itself (ex:  write pgroup) and

2)    The other is Pgroup Grp List Key (ex: Write Pgroup Grp List Key)  which is the list of groups listed in the (Read or) Write Permissions section of the KD access

The List Key is a list of comma separated group names.

So, you would have to code some nifty logic either in the universe (derived table??) or via additional coding/formatting in the report.  You would have to loop through each command separated Grp List Key entry for a given KD/Category and look for matching cnt.userid / cnt.last_name.

I do think this is a good Idea to be requested for so that we have out of the box support for this.

Also, maybe someone in the forum already attempted this and can offer a solution?

_R