CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  DataImporter: Importing costs

Posted Oct 17, 2014 06:40 AM

Hello,

I detected a strange behavior on Data Importer and I will share this information to validate if that's a application defect or my mistake.

So I have implemented the platform IT Asset Manager 12.9 but I only use the component Asset Portfolio Management (APM) to manage service contracts and assets for now.

To import massive information like assets/models or service contracts, we use the Data Importer with our customized mappings and according csv files.

When you import service contracts, the application detects if it exists on APM by service contract ID. If exists, it will update the service contract. If not, it will create a new one.

When you import costs to service contracts, he is not capable to detect if that entry exists. It will always create a new cost entry and this could be an issue when you import massive information like 1000 costs and want to update a specific cost.

There's any way to assign an ID to a cost?

Thanks and regards,

RMC

• 2.  Re: DataImporter: Importing costs

Posted Oct 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Hi All - Anyone have any ideas here for RMC? Thanks! Chris

Rafael Cardoso wrote:

Hello,

I detected a strange behavior on Data Importer and I will share this information to validate if that's a application defect or my mistake.

So I have implemented the platform IT Asset Manager 12.9 but I only use the component Asset Portfolio Management (APM) to manage service contracts and assets for now.

To import massive information like assets/models or service contracts, we use the Data Importer with our customized mappings and according csv files.

When you import service contracts, the application detects if it exists on APM by service contract ID. If exists, it will update the service contract. If not, it will create a new one.

When you import costs to service contracts, he is not capable to detect if that entry exists. It will always create a new cost entry and this could be an issue when you import massive information like 1000 costs and want to update a specific cost.

There's any way to assign an ID to a cost?

Thanks and regards,

RMC

• 3.  Re: DataImporter: Importing costs

Posted Oct 22, 2014 12:12 PM

Hello RMC,

I would recommend creating two separate data imports - one for updating contract costs and one for inserting new contract costs.

For a new contract cost, the system will assign a unique cost id.  The cost id is assigned by APM and you cannot choose the number.

For updating existing contract costs, you will need to map the existing 'cost ID' field.

You can create a search to expose the cost id field for those assets you wish to update.

Let me know if this helps!

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon