CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 02, 2014 09:35 AM

Just installed 12.9 and now when i want to log in it gives me the error below:

Error: (System.Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: Metadata is not loaded because neither UAPM nor SwCM is installed. Please check you ca_application_registration table. at CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata.Instance.DetermineInstalledApp() at CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata.Instance.LoadFromDatabase(Boolean configOnly) at CA.Common.Data.Meta.Metadata..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at CA.Common.Web.Security.Authorization.CheckAuthorization() at CA.Applications.Web.Pages.UserLogin.OnAuthenticate_WithoutInjectedLogging3619502461923(Object sender, EventArgs e) at CA.Applications.Web.Pages.UserLogin.OnAuthenticate(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)) 

• 2.  RE: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 02, 2014 09:42 AM

found this

Valid on all supported operating environments. 
    Symptom: 
    When I log in to the CA APM home page, none of the links on the page works. I receive 
    the following error message: 
    Error: (System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class 

Solution: 
    Correct this problem by following the instructions from Microsoft. 
    Follow these steps: 
    1. Open a browser and navigate to http://support.microsoft.com
    2. In the Search field, enter 908158. 

3. In the results list, select the article with the following title: 
    Error message when ASP.NET 2.0 is configured to run with a user account: "Unable 
    to generate a temporary class". 
    4. Follow the instructions in the article. 

• 3.  RE: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 03, 2014 11:24 AM

Hello Mafundi,

This error is usually related to the APM 12.9 runtime out of sync with the mdb database.  Did you receive any errors during the install after you entered the database credentials? Please upload your <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\MDB\ install_mdb.log file and I can check it for errors.

Also, are you installing a separate APM web and APM application server or is this install all on one server?
    Did you reboot the server(s) after the install - before you launched the IT Asset Manager web client?

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

• 4.  RE: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 04, 2014 08:22 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Gale

i didnt have any errorsand did reboot after installation.Please see the attached file.

Attachment(s)

zip
    install_mdb.zip   1.67 MB 1 version

• 5.  RE: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 04, 2014 09:25 AM

Hi Mafundi,

Could you post the contents of the 'ca_application_registration' table from the 'mdb'?

If (U)APM is correctly registered you should have an entry where 'product_code' is 2002.

Regards,

Tiago Santos

• 6.  RE: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 04, 2014 09:43 AM
      |   view attached

hi Tiago

please see the attached doc.

Attachment(s)

docx
    Doc3.docx   114 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Jun 04, 2014 09:57 AM

Hi Mafundi,

APM is correctly registered.

Is there any error logged in 'ITAMService.log' (<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Application Server\) or in 'ITAMClient.log' (<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Web Server\)?

You should open a support case for this.

Regards,

Tiago Santos

• 8.  Re: CA Asset Portfolio Management

Posted Nov 03, 2014 03:59 PM

Hi Mafundi,

Could you please let me know if this issue is resolved and also can you share the solution as we are also getting the same error.

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash Kande