CA Configuration Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Error in discover Database

• 1.  Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 25, 2019 02:06 PM
    Hi, i'm tryin to discover Databases with blueprint and Management Profiles but i have this errors:

CCA-DIS-8656: Discovery of databases for the instance "" cannot proceed. The sql server instance service might not be running.

CCA-DIS-8579: Failed to connect to remote database during discovery of the component blueprint "z_Microsoft SQL 2012 Server Instance" on server "srvpam2.cps.com", error message-The TCP/IP connection to the host , port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port."..

I ping the server with short and large (FQDN) name and ip,
    I do a telnet to the port 1433 and all fine.
    I can entry into the SQL Managent Studio with a SA user
    The firewall is down in both servers.

and in the blueprint i change  user and password in Component Parameters and Variables. I dont have error of credentials.

Someone have any sugestion?

I have CCA 12.8.5

• 2.  RE: Error in discover Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 02:16 PM
    Hi Doug,

In the CCA blueprint for SQL Server, the credentials can be added to the following blueprints.

Microsoft SQL 2012 Server 
        Microsoft SQL 2012 Server Instance
        Microsoft SQL 2012 Server Database

Are you using the 'sa' user credentials for all 3 blueprints?
    The default instance in SQL typically uses the 1433 port.  For specific named instances in SQL a dynamic port is used for each instance.
    You can review the SQL Server Configuration Manager to verify the dynamic port being used, then the CCA blueprint can be configured to communicate over the correct port.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/configure-a-server-to-listen-on-a-specific-tcp-port?view=sql-server-ver15

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 25, 2019 02:39 PM

I only get this in my pilot environment:

And this is my Blueprint:

Hi Kevin, yes i change the user and password in these 3 blueprints, in SQL Server COnfiguration Manager i see and have the port tcpip on 1433 and dinamic por in blank....i put now the "0"

I will try again.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 25, 2019 03:23 PM
    After to do that, i have the same error :(

Another sugestions?

• 5.  RE: Error in discover Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 04:17 PM
    It is likely that port 0 is not the correct dynamic port.  Please check in the SQL Configuration Manager for other listed dynamic port number.

• 6.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 28, 2019 12:48 PM
    I have this in my SQL Server and only have one instance:

I delete de 0 in TCP Dynamic Ports 

• 7.  RE: Error in discover Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 02:21 PM
    You can try plugging in the dynamic port 51091 in the blueprint and see if is able to connect.

A better test would be to try using the ODBC utility in Windows "odbcad32.exe".

In the ODBC Windows add the System DSN for SQL Server.  The utility will also allow you to configure the TCP protocol, credentials, and port to test and verify how SQL Server is configured listen for connections.

• 8.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 28, 2019 02:52 PM
    I delete this port 51091 and ran the management profile but i have the same error, now, i will to put this again and run.........and i will do the test with ODBC.

Thanks Kevin.

• 9.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:18 PM
    This are the results with the ODBC:

• 10.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:20 PM
    And this is the error after to put in the Blueprint the port 51091

:(

• 11.  RE: Error in discover Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:41 PM
    The error shows it is trying to connect over port 1, when the configuration should be port 1433.

If you want to open up a new support case, and provide an export of the custom SQL Server blueprints you are using, we can try to run discovery in a test environment and try to confirm the problem.

• 12.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:47 PM
    Ok but in other test show error in port 1433 when i have this port in the blueprint........so this is crazy jajaja

Ok thanks i will open a  support case and attach my custom SQL Servevr Blueprint.

• 13.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 29, 2019 08:26 AM
    Hi Douglas,

You must pass all configured parameters to the "Data Management> MSSQLServer Database" session to connect to the DB. Did you ever do that?
    Connection Parameters
    Att,

Wander D.B.

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    ICT Analyst - Infrastructure I
    Prodam - Empresa de Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação do Município de São Paulo
    [City]
    ------------------------------

• 14.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Oct 31, 2019 07:09 PM
    Letme try this.

I only configure server and port, because i think these are variables and load all the data from Components, parameters and variables.

• 15.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Nov 04, 2019 02:45 PM
    I got the same error :(

• 16.  RE: Error in discover Database
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 09:49 AM
    Hey Douglas,

Not sure what you ahve setup now after the changes but, if TCP Dynamic Ports for IPAll is populated, then you need to use that port or leave it blank (not 0) (restart SQL after changes)

If you are using a named instance, you should use a dynamic port (not 1433) (Not sure if you are using Named or not)

• 17.  RE: Error in discover Database

Posted Nov 20, 2019 09:52 AM
    Hi Adnan, now i have in blank all TCP Dynamic Ports for all IPALL and have a default instance MSSQLSERVER and have only one instance, but i have the same error:

CCA-DIS-8579: Failed to connect to remote database during discovery of the component blueprint "CPS_Microsoft SQL 2014 Server Instance" on server "srvsd16.cps.com", error message-The TCP/IP connection to the host , port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port."..

you got another suggestion? :(