CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list

Posted Sep 13, 2016 02:45 PM

A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list?

• 2.  Re: A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2016 02:56 PM

If you are referring to attributes from a CCA-CMDB standpoint, then you can take a look at CCA UI --> Administration --> SDM Integration --> Attribute Mappings

If you are referring to what CCA discoveries, that can almost be defines as limitless

• 3.  Re: A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list

Posted Sep 13, 2016 03:20 PM

I agree.  The only thing I could think of to satisfy them (which I'm sure I would not do) was to print the columns listed for each table in the CCA DB.  That would be all of the possible attributes it could discover (outside of any customized blueprints), but that would also be somewhat insane.  So I will go with the Attribute Mappings as a start.

Thanks,

Brian

• 4.  Re: A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2016 03:24 PM

Also, have them define attributes as in what are they looking for.  I can create a blueprinted to discover last file created on an OS and call the attribute FifthLastFileCreated and set that up, doesn't mean its a valid use case or something anyone would ever do.  By defining what attributes they are thinking of (as it may differ from person to person) we can have a better grasp on what they are looking for.  For the most part attribute mapping might answer their questions

• 5.  Re: A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list

Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:41 AM

One last question: Is the Attributes Mapping list based on Agent Blueprint discoveries or is it including NDG Discovered Attributes also?

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: A customer keeps asking what attributes does CCA discover?  They actually want a list of attributes that CCA discovers to eyeball.  Is there such a list

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:44 AM

Anyone of those (or both)