CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Check configuration via macros

Posted May 02, 2016 12:08 PM

I'm trying to manage my Websphere environment via MACROS, someone has done something?

I need to know how to see the states of us additionally check on which we are associated certain applications.

Grateful!

• 2.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2016 01:12 PM

Sorry, but don't full understand

I need to know how to see the states of us additionally check on which we are associated certain applications.

Can you please provide more information on what you are trying to accomplish

• 3.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Posted May 02, 2016 04:07 PM

Hello friend I would like an example if possible a MACRO for WebSphere because I am running for all mining and forms and I'm getting error messages ..

Eg a macro to check serverStatus.sh in Websphere Linux would look like?

See how I structured my MACRO on blueprint

Directive Type: remote execution

Path: / home

Parameters: -all -user $ (***************) -password $ (******)

The Run: program

Still recelbo the following message:

Summary:

.. Remote Execution: / home \ echo> __ __ TMP .vbs __NL __% systemroot% / system32 / cscript.exe // Nologo __TMP .vbs __ __ && del __TMP .vbs -all -user $ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -password $ ***************;.

• 4.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2016 04:53 PM

The remote execution is attempting to run a cscript, wrapping the command into a vbs script

Did you specify the command in the right OS?

• 5.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Posted May 03, 2016 07:45 AM

Good Morning! Friend decided to test on a Windows server, run as your example however without success .... My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2

• 6.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2016 09:59 AM

Try This

In the "Path" field put

$(Root)\bin

In the "Command" put

versionInfo.bat

In the "Parameter" put

-maintenancePackageDetails | find ...... (rest of parameters) (I can't tell from screenshot iof there is a - in front of maintenance, i just put it in this example as it 'appears' to be)

• 7.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Posted May 03, 2016 10:25 AM

Friend realized as his example however still get the message below ...

Name:

TESTE

Description:

TESTE

Summary:

Remote Execution: $(Root)\bin\echo versionInfo.bat >__TMP__.vbs __NL__%systemroot%/system32/cscript.exe //Nologo __TMP__.vbs && del __TMP__.vbs -maintenancePackageDetail | find /I"Maintenance Package ID";

current setting applied.

• 8.  Re: Check configuration via macros
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2016 09:37 AM

HI,

Sorry for the delay I was testing it out and reproduced it. 

I am trying to get the proper setup, but not sure when, you may want open a support case for the results coming up woht echo

I have determined that the echo is from the bat file; if you were to copy the contents of the batch file into CCA Script Editor; it runs fine, but save it, it removes the echo and the discover won't give you the desired results. 

• 9.  Re: Check configuration via macros

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2016 01:12 PM

For detailed debugging, a support ticket should be opened up; please reference this thread