CA Configuration Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What blueprint I use to manage a database MSSQL 2012? and where I find updates for existing blueprints?

• 1.  What blueprint I use to manage a database MSSQL 2012? and where I find updates for existing blueprints?

Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:26 AM

I have a database server cluster MSSQL 2012 and applied the blueprint "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 V11. * R1.0.0" but I find the existing banks.

My CCA is at version: r12.8

• 2.  Re: What blueprint I use to manage a database MSSQL 2012? and where I find updates for existing blueprints?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:42 AM

In any blueprint, if a discovery does not find anything, then its the indicators

Within the indicators, you have File & Registry Indicators along with the Network Probes, but also, just as important, Discovery Verification Rules.  For this blueprint, it is looking to confirm if the $(Version) is 11.*** where $(Version) is looking for "Version" $(RegistryRoot)\Setup\Version (located in 'Component Parameters and Variables').

If the above is valid, since there are no file indicators for this blueprint, take a look at the registry Indicators, make sure they all exist within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server