CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CCA CMDB integration

Posted Apr 30, 2015 03:31 AM

Hi,

when you want to integrate CCA with CMDB, you can use the BOXI integration. But all, this integration provides, is one report that creates the XML and one program, that calls the grloader.

This made sense in old versions of grloader. The latest grloader can use database views as data source. So why go the way via BOXI? It would be much easier to provide a database view for the cca Database, and directly load the CIs into the CMDB.

Has anyone done this before?

Best regards,

Markus

• 2.  Re: CCA CMDB integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2015 09:36 AM

Hi,

The CCA-CMDB Boxi Integration was initially created as an interim solution with the release of ACM; only tweaks has been made to it.  The interim solution was done with Catalyst in mind as the future official integration, however, one of the limitations to this is Language compatibility, so the BOXI integration is still used (yes, there are other concerns, but we won't go there at the moment).

I know that CCA development is looking into new \ different efficient solutions, but have not committed to anything as of yet.  If anyone has ideas, or thoughts, or something they would like to see, please respond with your input.

Regarding the CCA views, there are a few tables and views created with it, but not encapsed in one pretty view to use with the BOXI integration, which I was looking to consolidate on.  One idea that myself and a few others were exploring was using GRLoader's feature of importing data via JDBC, but security was a concern here as you would be providing the CCA Database credentials in clear text; sure we can put a wrapper on it and hide it and all, but IMHO, i would like to see a clean, minimalist design with dynamic \ customizable features

Regards,

Adnan