CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 03, 2014 11:22 AM

Hello guys,

I have the following scenario and need to solve with your help.

The client has a CCA server installed on a host web and he wants that server make the discovery in your internal network, how could I attend this customer under these conditions?

Regards,

Douglas Lima

• 2.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 03, 2014 08:44 PM

Hi Douglas,

Your idea is a bit confusing. Can you be more specific? The CCA runs over a apache web server which by default listens on port 8080. For disovery,

he must be able to ping/telnet the  servers  he desires to manage. If he want to restrict access, use firewall rules.

You need to start asking the following questions, in order to be sucessful on your CCA implementation:

- What's the clients goal? Network, IP Address.

- What are the enviromnents involved?

- In order to be managed by CCA, all servers must be apple to telnet the CCA Server on the port 8080 and the CCA Server must be able to comunicate through  8063 by default. The client need to open firewall rules. Follow Implementation Guide or ask Support for all the ports used by CCA.

- What software the clients want to manage? There will be a need to create new blueprints? Customized software?

And so on.

Thanks and regards,

RMC

• 3.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:00 AM

Thanks rmcardoso,

I'll try to make myself clear, the customer installed the CCA in a server on the cloud and he want to discover his local net.

I need a help to do the better way for the customer.

Regards,

Douglas Lima

• 4.  Re: CCA hosted in web
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 04, 2014 05:33 PM

You need to install the NDG on a machine within that network so CCA could communicate between NDG/CCA Database.

Have you read the implementation guide and the reason why NDG is so important?

Thanks and regards,

RMC

• 5.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:14 AM

Hirmcardoso,

Following your advise, I'll.

I just needed a direction to start.

Thank you very much,

Douglas Lima

• 6.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 06, 2014 09:10 AM

Hi Douglas,

Is your client requesting you implement CCA and components in the Cloud? Is your client wishing to discover Servers in the Cloud?

Regards,

Joe Cabral, CA Product Manager

• 7.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 06, 2014 12:24 PM

Exactly, the CCA Server its installed on the cloud and he want to discover your local network.

Regards,

Douglas Lima

• 8.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 07, 2014 10:40 AM

Hi Douglas,

Technically, the CCA Product in the cloud is "not officially" supported. Specifically the following components:

• CA Configuration Automation Server
    • CA Configuration Automation Database
    • CA Configuration Automation Grid

(Note: I'll add an Enhancement Request  (CCA Product Cloud Support) for the community to vote on)

We do support the following in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Cloud :

• CA Configuration Automation Agent

Beginning in CA Configuration Automation r12.8 SP1, you can discover the servers on the EC2 cloud environment. The following network scan policies are introduced to discover the servers on cloud environment:

• Cloud Service Scan with Soft agent
    • Cloud Service Scan without Soft agent

(See CCA 12.8.1 Release Notes)

With the above stated, this does not mean we won't consider CCA Cloud support in a future release. In fact, I am definitely interested in the work you've completed thus far as well as how you plan to use CCA to support your clients.

Please, reach out to me directly: Joseph.Cabral@ca.com

Joe Cabral
    CA
    Product Manager

• 9.  Re: CCA hosted in web

Posted Nov 07, 2014 12:09 PM

cabjo04,

Thank you very much, I'll appreciate to let you know about this case.

Regards,

Douglas Lima