CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Blueprint Question - Custom Blueprint to support Unix

Posted Sep 17, 2014 05:39 PM

Has anyone in the community developed a blueprint around "Serial Numbers, Manufacturer, Model, Versions, and OS -levels"?

• 2.  Re: Blueprint Question - Custom Blueprint to support Unix

Posted Sep 23, 2014 08:28 PM

Can you give a little more detail around which flavor of Unix you are running?

There are a lot of great command line utilities that may be able to help, but I don't think you can create a single set of *nix commands that will operate in all environments.  For example the serial number from AIX (#lsconf | grep -e “Machine Serial” or #prtconf | grep -e “Machine Serial”) (The adventure of getting the serial number of an AIX machine | UnixHood (AIX,Solaris,HPux,Linux)), but with Solaris the feedback is that the information is not stored in the OS.

• 3.  Re: Blueprint Question - Custom Blueprint to support Unix

Posted Sep 26, 2014 07:42 AM

Thanks for contributing to this topic. At your organization do you utilize shell scripts? And, do you use those shell script as part of "remote execution" directive in a custom blueprint? 

• 4.  Re: Blueprint Question - Custom Blueprint to support Unix

Posted Sep 30, 2014 08:48 AM

The goal is to retrieve the attributes/details
    on, "Serial Numbers, Manufacturer, Model, Versions, and OS -levels.

It’s my understanding that this syntax’s retrieves, the serial number from
    Solaris operation systems, I would require the syntax’s for all of the above
    parameters in the appropriate (Directive Details) sections.

Please see the attachment, concerning the blueprints parameters

Thanking you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Marvin Felder

Blueprint.png

• 5.  Re: Blueprint Question - Custom Blueprint to support Unix

Posted Oct 07, 2014 11:24 AM

In fact, the attributes mentioned above are directly mapped to component parameters in the respective blueprints, except for OS-level. For OS-level, I believe the BIOS-Firmware version maps to that.

Below is the list of hardware details blueprints we have for different operating systems. From the blueprints for Solaris, Linux and AIX, we can get all the required details.

Blueprint-Unix.jpg

Regards,

Joe Cabral

CCA Product Manager.