CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CI Deletes

Posted Jan 06, 2014 10:50 AM

We decided not to Discover using a certain Blueprint. So now we want to delete the components that it discovered. We have are around 2000 of them. It seems like you can only delete 50 at a time. How can i delete them all at once. Or at least more than 50 at a time?

• 2.  RE: CI Deletes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2014 11:36 AM

If you are using CCA r12.7 or later, then go to Blueprints --> select the bluepriont you want to delete --> select actions --> blueprint search --> this outputs a list of references the blueprint is in --> select all --> select actions --> delete

• 3.  RE: CI Deletes

Posted Jan 06, 2014 12:02 PM
    a_h:

If you are using CCA r12.7 or later, then go to Blueprints --> select the blueprint you want to delete --> select actions --> blueprint search --> this outputs a list of references the blueprint is in --> select all --> select actions --> delete

This gives me a list of the Blueprint Groups, Management Profiles and Servers that this blueprint is connected which is great. But it doesn't list the individual CIs of the Blueprint. That is what I am really looking for.

• 4.  RE: CI Deletes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2014 12:16 PM

The CI's you are referring to, if we are on the same page, a CI that belongs to a  Server's, which is generally the case.   From that result list, if you select those servers and delete, it will delete that blueprint(CI) from those Server, it will not delete the server itself.  Is that what you are looking to do?

• 5.  RE: CI Deletes

Posted Jan 06, 2014 01:17 PM
    lewidm:
    a_h:

If you are using CCA r12.7 or later, then go to Blueprints --> select the blueprint you want to delete --> select actions --> blueprint search --> this outputs a list of references the blueprint is in --> select all --> select actions --> delete

This gives me a list of the Blueprint Groups, Management Profiles and Servers that this blueprint is connected which is great. But it doesn't list the individual CIs of the Blueprint. That is what I am really looking for.

Thank you! That worked.

• 6.  RE: CI Deletes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2014 09:02 PM
      |   view attached

CCA 12.8 provides the function to delete discovered components. Please see attached screenshot.
    You can find discovered components across your servers on [Software] tab. If you need, you can do filtering the result. You can delete the selected components without deleting servers.

Max records per page is 250 on CCA 12.7. CCA 12.8 can show 900 records per page. You can customize page size using Table View.

I hope you find it informative.
    Thanks

• 7.  RE: CI Deletes

Posted Jan 07, 2014 11:16 AM
    Yasuyuki_Miura:

CCA 12.8 provides the function to delete discovered components. Please see attached screenshot.
    You can find discovered components across your servers on [Software] tab. If you need, you can do filtering the result. You can delete the selected components without deleting servers.

Max records per page is 250 on CCA 12.7. CCA 12.8 can show 900 records per page. You can customize page size using Table View.

I hope you find it informative.
    Thanks

I did this and i chose 500 and now i am having reponse time issues. I put in a case because even if i do not use for Deletes i needed that to work.

• 8.  RE: CI Deletes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2014 04:25 AM

Unfortunately, page size is traded-off between system performance.

If you use IE, please try to use FireFox or Chrome.