DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  MQ Agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2020 04:47 AM
    Morning team,

I could not find anything in techdocs so I pose the issue reported to me, RESET_Q_STATS, is causing a lot of OPEN_NOT_AUTHORIZED Events and is a concern for the App owner. Is there an explanation why MQ agent does (needs to do) a RESET_Q_STATS and if required any configuration they need to follow to allow the Agent to have access to this method
    Excerpt: 

2020-03-30 17:42:48

{"publishedEventType":"MQEvents","reason":"Not Authorized","eventName":"Not Authorized Type 4 - MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED (2035, X'7F3')","eventType":"Authority","description":"Indicates that a command has been issued from a user ID that is not authorized to access the object specified in the command.","pcfMsgSeqNumber":1,"pcfCompCode":1,"pcfControlCode":1,"pcfParameterCount":4,"pcfReasonCode":2035,"pcfTypeCode":7,"eventTime":"2020-03-30T15:42:48.314+0000","qmgrName":"<CustomerMQNAME>","reasonQualifierDesc":"4 (MQRQ_OPEN_NOT_AUTHORIZED)","userIdentifier":"wilyadm","applTypeDesc":null,"applName":null,"objectQMgrName":null,"connName":null,"channelName":null,"openOptions":null,"objectType":null,"queueName":null,"processName":null,"topicString":null,"adminTopicNames":null,"subName":null,"command":"17 (MQCMD_RESET_Q_STATS)","destQMgrName":null,"destQName":null,"destOpenOptions":0,"additionalInfo":null,"namelist":null,"options":0}

------------------------------
    Thank you

Christo Burger
    Solution Architect
    South Africa

• 2.  RE: MQ Agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2020 02:08 AM
    Hi Christo,
    I sent you a private message. Please respond and let me know.

Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: MQ Agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2020 02:41 AM
    Thank you,

I have asked the MQ admin who accepted the solution described here:

http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/application-performance-management/11-1/implementing-agents/infrastructure-agent/IBM-WebSphere-MQ-Monitoring/Set-Security-Requirements-to-Monitor-an-MQ-object.html