DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to export the entire tree configuration of Wily to Excel?

Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:24 AM
    Greetings all!
    I am trying to figure out if there is a way either through an API call, database query, script, etc. to export the entire tree structure out of Wily to something like an Excel file. I need to get a list of everything being collected and the structure of it.

I have not used Wily that long at all so I could really use some help on this one.
    We are running on version 10.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
    #cawily #cawilyintroscope #ca_wily_general_discussion #ca_wily_apm
    Complete tree structure

​​​​​​​​

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to export the entire tree configuration of Wily to Excel?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 01:09 AM
    The "not-so-easy-answer" is no. The bigger question is what are your intentions to do with the data?

You are showing us the Management Modules, so what do you need to do with them? You can just grab a copy of the JAR files from <em_home>/config/modules. If you have custom domains, you'll see them listed as folders in the modules directory. One you have a module, you can just unzip it and look at the XML file.

As a reminder, 10.1 is going out of support this year, so you should be looking to upgrade your environment and agents.

------------------------------
    Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to export the entire tree configuration of Wily to Excel?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2019 03:05 AM

Hi,

I concur with Haruhiko about the why, but assuming you have a valid reason for needing this information one way to retrieve it would be using APMSQL or the SQL REST API. See the documentation for the "APMSQL Recipes" (https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-7/en/integrating/apmsql-cookbook/apmsql-recipes)  

A query that might come close to what you are looking for is just retrieving every metric path that was reported the last 20 seconds:

SELECT distinct agent_host, agent_process, agent_name, metric_path

FROM numerical_metric_data

WHERE frequency = 15000

AND ts BETWEEN Timestampadd(sql_tsi_second, -20, Now()) AND Now()

ORDER BY agent_host, agent_process, agent_name DESC

Be aware that this can be a huge query with a huge result set depending on the number of agents and their metric configuration reporting to your cluster, so take into account the resources needed for running this.

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.