DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Will the CA sysedge go into stabilization?

Posted Jul 11, 2018 10:28 AM

Version 5.9 of CA Sysedge is 2015, since this time no other version has appeared. I wonder if CA Sysedge will go into the end of life or if CA will continue with this tool / agent.

• 2.  Re: Will the CA sysedge go into stabilization?

Posted Sep 10, 2018 04:18 PM

Hello Rodrigo!

For now all the information that we have is that we do not have an END of File for SystemEdge.

CA Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Managers Release and Support Lifecycle Dates - CA Technologies 

To know if there is any roadmap, I would recommend you to open a CA support ticket about SystemEdge Roadmap, then we can check with the CA product Manager.

Kind Regards,

Alex Yasuda
    Sr. Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Will the CA sysedge go into stabilization?

Posted Sep 10, 2018 04:37 PM

I thought the Product Managers were supposed to be checking the communities...  you know, for stuff like this...  

If you look under the covers of the new APM Infrastructure Agent that was just release in that product you will find SystemEDGE under there.  So, it seems that it is not destined to be killed off any time soon since it is shipping with yet another name in another product now.  

What I would really like to see is a concerted effort across ALL the CA products that make use of SystemEDGE (which is pretty much ALL of them now) to create the "How to manage my Sysedge metrics in <this product>" document.  I think that would be extremely useful.  Perhaps we should open a ticket for that...