DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why my instrumented class/method doesn't show on Trace View?

• 1.  Why my instrumented class/method doesn't show on Trace View?

Posted May 04, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi, i'm having a hard time to make apm show the instrumented method on Trace View tab.

I've got an exception on user error when trying to download a pdf, and it states the class and method, along with other stuff.

We created a .pbd with the following instrumentation:

TraceOneMethodOfClass: br.com.class.cliente.home.ProcDocHome downloadDocPdf BlamePointTracer "{packageandclassname}|{method}"

TraceOneMethodWithParametersOfClass br.com.class.cliente.home.ProcDocHome downloadDocPdf ExceptionErrorReporter "{packageandclassname}|{method}:Errors Per Interval"

When i simulate the error again, apm instrumentation shown on Trace View goes only until the servlet, and i don't get further visibility to my instrumented class/method.

We tried to use the following instrumentation also with the same results, except that it got a lot more stuff, but not what matters:

TraceAllMethodsWithParametersIfFlagged: FULL_TT_DETAILS FullDetailTTDifferentInstances  "{packageandclassname}|{method}: ART (ms)"

Any ideas or directions please?

Thx in advance.

• 2.  Re: Why my instrumented class/method doesn't show on Trace View?
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2018 12:59 PM

My friend found what we needed, this field pack is insane, idk why CA don't use this kind of tracer as standard in ca apm, we are getting beaten by competition without things like this since 2015 when this was proposed.

[FieldPack] Enhanced Full Transaction Trace Detail Tracer