DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Introscope EM startup issue

Posted Aug 16, 2018 09:34 AM
      |   view attached

I reinstalled Introscope Enterprise Manager on my W10 laptop, when starting the startup script is running for about 20 seconds and then it closes out again.

I had this issue also in my first installation and we found out that was due to access rights in C:\Program Files\CA APM\Introscope10.7.0.45\product\enterprisemanager\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi folder.

I now made sure the system and users have full access to this map.

When I check the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log file then I see some errors passing:

[Manager.AppMapSubsystem] APM Data model subsystem is unavailable so AppMap feature is not functional. Please check the DataBase connectivity or disable AppMap feature.

[Manager] The EM failed to start. Error activating bean: com.wily.introscope.server.beans.apm.ApmServiceBean (com.wily.introscope.server.beans.apm.ApmServiceBean)

[SpringOsgiExtenderThread-8] [Manager] Uncaught Exception in Enterprise Manager: In thread 'SpringOsgiExtenderThread-8' and the message is: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventMonitorDependentServices': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.wily.apm.em.monitor.isengard.IMonitorEventNotificationManagerDependencyHelper)] unavailable

Can someone assist in getting this fixed so I can run EM normally ?

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Introscope EM startup issue

Posted Aug 16, 2018 11:21 AM

Make sure the database is installed and connectivity have been established.  you might use PostgreSQL database. please use pgadmin for postgreSQL or Oracle Developer to make sure required parameters are correct.

• 3.  Re: Introscope EM startup issue

Posted Aug 16, 2018 04:25 PM

You may set introscope.apm.feature.enabled=false and restart EM and see if EM can be started.  If it can, then it is a APM database connectivity issue.  Then you can use pgadmin or Oracle GUI to try to log into the APM db to make sure the database is up and running and to verify the correct username/password.

Francis

• 4.  Re: Introscope EM startup issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 06:58 PM

Hi Marco,

Further to above suggestions:

Your log file shows the first ERROR is after the reading of the APMEnterpriseManager.properties file:

8/16/18 03:02:23.311 PM CEST [INFO] [main] [com.ca.wily.jasypt.APMEncryptablePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer] Loading properties file from URL [file:C:/Program Files/CA APM/Introscope10.7.0.45/./config/APMEnterpriseManager.properties]
    8/16/18 03:02:24.436 PM CEST [ERROR] [main] [Manager.AppMapSubsystem] APM Data model subsystem is unavailable so AppMap feature is not functional. Please check the DataBase connectivity or disable AppMap feature.

At that stage the tess-db-cfg.xml file is also read to connect to the APM DB. Can you please reset that file to use the plaintext password for the APM DB user i.e.

<property name="hibernate.connection.password">plaintext_password</property>

<property name="plainTextPasswords">true</property>

If that does not resolve the problem on next restart please try to clear the EM cache per this KB: How to clear the Introscope OSGI cache? - CA Knowledge 

Then before restarting the EM also enable DEBUG in the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties file i.e.

change: log4j.logger.Manager=INFO,console,logfile

to: log4j.logger.Manager=DEBUG,console,logfile

We can then have a look at the new log file if the problem still persists.

Also as you mentioned a previous permissions problem if you are running the EM using Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.exe directly (not as a Windows Service) try to execute it with "Run as administrator" option.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Introscope EM startup issue

Posted Aug 17, 2018 02:13 AM

Thanks Lynn....looks like clearing the OSGI cache did the trick.

Now EM is running and Webview is able to connect.