DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Collector Information in PostgreSQL

Posted Dec 04, 2018 09:20 AM

Hi Team

How can we extract the number of collectors connected to the MOM through the postgreSQL database.

In which table the number of collectors is stored in the database.

Regards

Imran

• 2.  Re: Collector Information in PostgreSQL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 09:31 AM

Dear Imran: 

Are you looking for a metric or a specific list of Collectors? 

If you have CEM, the ts_entity table shows all EMs that can be used to host the three CEM services. Cluster metrics are listed in Cluster Supportability Metrics - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Dear Community:

Please add your thoughts on this

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Collector Information in PostgreSQL

Posted Dec 05, 2018 12:15 AM

Hi Hallett_German

I wanted to know that in postgreSQL in which table can I find the information about the number of collectors connected to MOM.

I wanted to extract this information from the postgreSQL database.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Collector Information in PostgreSQL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 10:28 AM

Hello Imran,

EMs info are stored in the vertices table, you can run a query like this for example, in my test lab it give it the # of collectors

SELECT count(*) FROM APPMAP_VERTICES WHERE gathered_attribs LIKE '%EM_COLLECTOR%' AND gathered_attribs LIKE '%Custom Metric Host%'

but the recommended way would to be use APM RES API or APMSQL REST API, unfortunately, I don't have any example at the moment, here are the references from docops:

Vertex - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

SQL REST API - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Collector information is also available as EM sustainability  metrics under the MOM:

Custom Metric Host (virtual)
    - Custom Metric Process (virtual)
    - Custom Metric Agent (virtual) (*SuperDomain)
    - Enterprise Manager | MOM

See CA APM Performance Monitoring Using Supportability Metrics - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technolog… 

I hope this helps,

Sergio