DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Team Center No Data

Posted Aug 20, 2017 09:19 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am using CA APM 10.5.1. Currently we have a problem with team center that showing no data.

Experience View No Data

Map View No Data

It happened intermittently, and in the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log I see some exceptions like this:

8/18/17 11:55:50.654 AM ICT [WARN] [Central Fast Correlation incubator queue consumer thread] [Manager.AppMap] Exception when processing Central Fast Correlation incubator
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    8/18/17 11:55:54.399 AM ICT [WARN] [Central Slow Correlation incubator queue consumer thread] [Manager.AppMap] Exception when processing Central Slow Correlation incubator
    java.lang.NullPointerException

And there are many message saying vertex association not found like this:

8/20/17 02:48:18.978 AM ICT [WARN] [AppMapAsyncExecutor-7] [Manager.AppMap] Vertex association not found: 12858
    8/20/17 02:48:20.293 AM ICT [WARN] [AppMapAsyncExecutor-8] [Manager.AppMap] Vertex association not found: 14066

I found the KB about that message: What does the "Vertex association not found" [WARN] message in the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log mean?  But we didn't change the data source for team center. I attached the enterprisemanager log file. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Yan

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Team Center No Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2017 10:18 PM

Hi Yan,

I noticed some other exceptions in the log, "[Manager.AppMap] Error happened during controller invocation!
    com.wily.introscope.appmap.rest.exceptions.RestApiException: ACCESS_FORBIDDEN", but there is only 1 on August 18 (previous August 1) and that was for  the "guest" user who might have no access.

As the problem is intermittent the root cause may be related to the MOM/cluster performance.
    Have you noticed high heap usage from the MOM java process? (the perflog.txt might also show symptoms of that)
    Can you enable DEBUG on the MOM to see if the EM log shows more useful information?

The log starts around mid-May but does not have the last restart timestamp so I cannot see exact 10.5.1.x version/Build. Do you know if this is 10.5.1 GA (10.5.1.6) or 1HF1 (10.5.1.8) or later HotFix version?
    Ultimately this maybe a scenario that is best handled by a support case where more detailed research can be done.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Team Center No Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2017 11:32 PM

Follow up: Yan has raised a support case (00822834) for these symptoms as it is impacting Production Environment 

** RESOLUTION DETAILS:

On Team Center UI also seeing: Error reading data from polling URL: ../apm/appmap/private/permission: Retrying in 60000 ms. Attempt 1 

Stopping WebView, clearing its osgi cache (WEBVIEW_HOME\product\webview\configuration EXCEPT config.ini) & restart did not help

Only after the MOM itself was restarted was the problem resolved (last restart was mid May). At this stage root cause not known & will post here if determined **

• 4.  Re: Team Center No Data
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2017 08:13 AM

Hi Lynn,

Let me give the detailed steps to solve this issue.

1 - Stop the webview follow by EM
    2 - Go to the \product\webview\configuration directory
    3 - Go to the \product\enterprisemanager\configuration directory
    Delete all directories only : ( do NOT delete the config.ini )
    4 - Go to the \work directory and delete its contents.
    5 - Clear the appropriate browser cache.
    6 - Start EM, follow by webview

And yes, I still need to know what is the root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Yan

• 5.  Re: Team Center No Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2017 06:13 PM

Thanks Yan for posting the details

• 6.  Re: Team Center No Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 09:52 AM

Hi Yan:

Please respond to this thread what the case resolution is. This will help others that may have the same issue.

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: Team Center No Data

Posted Aug 15, 2018 03:40 AM

Anyone can help how to perform step 1 and step 6 ?

• 8.  Re: Team Center No Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 03:46 AM

Hello,

Are you having a similar problem and you want to try the above steps?

Do you mean how to perform just the stop and start steps?

What OS platform are your EM and WebView running under?

Thanks

Lynn

• 9.  Re: Team Center No Data

Posted Aug 15, 2018 05:43 AM

Yes i have similar problem. i want to try above step.
    Please guide how to perform stop and start step?
    Stop webview follow by em and Start em follow by webview.

APM Version: 10.5.2.15

Thanks

Sanjeev Khurana

• 10.  Re: Team Center No Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 03:54 AM

The start stop procedure for the EM is documented here

Start or Stop the Enterprise Manager - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

similarly on Linux there is a WVCtrl.sh script and windows service if that is ho wit was configured during installation.

thanks

Mike