DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.

• 1.  APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.

Posted Apr 05, 2018 03:41 PM

APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.

• 2.  Re: APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 04:11 PM

Hi Manoj:

I would check your Agent & autoprobe logs for clues. There are plenty of knowledfge docs that may help

Expected JMX Metrics Not Reported - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You didn't say your release . The APM 10.7 docs has configuration and verification steps

JBoss and WildFly - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.

Posted Apr 05, 2018 04:55 PM

Hello Hallett,

Agent version is 10.5, and I have checked the logs and there are errors or exceptions.

I only notice that the connection is not established while I do a netstat:

output:

$ netstat -nputw | grep 5001

(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info

will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)

tcp        0      0 10.123.172.49:43570     144.229.218.125:5001    TIME_WAIT   -

Do I need to set this property to True ? 

introscope.enterprisemanager.serversockets.reuseaddr

please advise.

• 4.  Re: APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 07:49 PM

Hi Manoj,

Agent is connecting to MOM and not directly to Collector?

Is the agent <-> EM/MOM firewall open for EM port 5001?

Is a telnet command to EM/MOM host/port 5001 successful ? i.e.  telnet 144.229.218.125 5001 

Check agent logs for "Enterprise Manager" messages and EM log for the agent name (which you can get from the agent log).

Putting agent & EM logs into DEBUG mode may help i.e.

IntroscopeAgent.profile: log4j.logger.IntroscopeAgent=INFO, logfile -> log4j.logger.IntroscopeAgent=DEBUG, logfile

IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties: 

log4j.logger.Manager=INFO,console,logfile -> log4j.logger.Manager=DEBUG,console,logfile

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: APM agents are not showing up in APM client soon after the instrumentation, is there any checklist that I need to follow after installing a JBOSS agent  ? please advise, Thanks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2018 07:54 AM

Dear Manoj:

If the above suggestions do not solve the issue, please open a case to find a resolution. Then post the resolution here to help others. 

Thanks Hal German