DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM (cannot see "APM URL" button)

Posted Feb 24, 2018 12:11 PM

Hi,

I'm doing DXI right now. I have use DXI AXA to monitor Android mobile app and DXI APM to monitor .Net application server where the mobile app is connected.

I have wrapped the APK using "Online Wrapper" and installed the wrapped APK in my android device.

Then I continue to perform the integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM.

I followed the instructions in docops to enable the integration:Integrate with CA Application Performance Management - App Experience Analytics - CA Technologies Documentation 

In docs, there is an instruction "Enable the Integration". If I read clearly, seems the steps are applied on on-premise environment instead DXI SaaS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Therefore, I only performed "Set APM Url" to enable URL correlation between AXA and APM. In "Profile" I also enable the option "Send data to APM".

I did not doing anything in CA APM. I leave browser agent as default.

After I performed those steps, I ran the mobile apps.

I went to the "Session" to check the captured events. At there, I don't see any link or anything that representing to open or jump-in to  the APM console.

I also have checked in the "Page Urls" tab, but I still don't see it.

Does the link to open APM console where located in Session only show up when the problem occurred in the application server where the APM monitors it? Or by default the link should be there whether the problem occurred or not?

Please advise me if I have missed any steps to achieve this integration.

Thank you

Rio

• 2.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2018 12:37 PM

If you're an AXA SaaS customer, contact your presales team or open a support ticket.

If you're trying to deploy on-premise, please contact presales or support to have them engage our SWAT team.

If you're using the free trial, not sure how much help we can provide you. A lot will depend on your network configurations.

Also, try to start your post with your product versions. A lot of changes are happening within the products and it's best to know exactly what you have in play.

• 3.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2018 04:14 PM

Hi Rio,

I have the support case 00971855 you opened for this question for DXI AXA/APM which is the SaaS environment

I will investigate further and come back to you via the case and then update here.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2018 08:02 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Rio,

Per my reply via the case 

After using "APM SETUP" to enter the APM URL, the APM URL button should appear on the Transaction page i.e. from the SESSION details page, select the TRANSACTION tab and then select a Transaction.
    On our internal demo tenant I was able to see APM URL button as follows:
    1. Use menu option "Analytics" select the required App
    2. Use menu option "App Transactions"
    a. "Transaction Details" -> Click on a transaction
    b. "Transaction List for "<selected transaction>"" -> Click on a SESSION
    c. "Transactions Events within <selected transaction>" - the APM URL button is visible 

See attached document with screenshots.

Hope that resolves the problem. If not we will pursue further via the support case

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM (cannot see "APM URL" button)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 12:27 AM

Just to update that Rio's fundamental problem seems to be lack of any APP TRANSACTIONS being created, so we are investigating that problem separately.

• 6.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM (cannot see "APM URL" button)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 09:35 PM

The root cause of no "APP TRANSACTIONS" is that the APP Profile need to be edited to enable "Automated option" for "Mobile transactions" (default had "Instrumented" enabled only). Then when transactions were generated the "APM URL" button was also visible. This is applicable when NOT using SDK APIs to manually start/stop transactions (Android Custom APIs - App Experience Analytics - CA Technologies Documentation)

• 7.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM (cannot see "APM URL" button)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 07:38 PM

From a documentation point of view if the APM being integrated to is also SaaS/DXI then all the references on this page can be ignored except for the last part "Enable Tracking CA APM Transactions On the UI". I will file an internal request for a doc update.

Integrate with CA Application Performance Management - App Experience Analytics - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 8.  Re: Integration between DXI AXA and DXI APM (cannot see "APM URL" button)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 01:53 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the feedback. The documentation is updated to include the changes and they should reflect shortly.

Regards,

Rosy