DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  HP LoadRunner and APM

Posted Mar 02, 2017 04:54 PM

Hi all folks,

spent someone some time to integrate APM into a HP LoadRunner environment.

The hints and tips I found point to SNMP to send some data from the EM to the LoadRunner only.

Any other ideas or suggestions to integrate APM and LoadRunner.

Thanks for any help,

Lutz

p.s.

I'm interresting in some ideas only, because the Test folks are interresting in collecting some more appliaction data.

• 2.  Re: HP LoadRunner and APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 05:33 PM

Converting to a Discussion since getting into best practice/how to

• 3.  Re: HP LoadRunner and APM

Posted Jul 11, 2018 02:56 PM

I'm curious if you used the script tagging utility for your LR scripts to have the http header tag injected so the APM Agents would read the header during replay.  ?

Also, which version of APM are you using?  It might be worth exploring the SQL interface or metrics API vs SNMP. I have not tried it yet with HP.

• 4.  Re: HP LoadRunner and APM

Posted Jul 13, 2018 07:19 AM

Years ago, when I was doing performance testing and APM, I had several discussions with managers, testers, system admins, application server admins and development staff about including APM metrics in a test report.  Each of the different people had different needs and context.  

At the end I suggested adding a historic link, URL into WebView, to the testing time window to the report where the end user could explore since depending on the results is what type and amount of data to include.  This didn't go over very well since they wanted historic documentation, and I pointed out that the data was highly variant depending on time of day, the demographics of the data, the combination or lack of combination business cases and the construction of the scripts from person to person.  But they wanted to have graphs, so we did screen captures of the application base 5 KPI and helped relate the metrics gathered during testing with the data seen in APM.

Hope this helps,

Billy

• 5.  Re: HP LoadRunner and APM

Posted Jul 30, 2018 06:07 AM

I did it 2 years ago.

Remember below steps ::

• Create a management module for integration with HP LR only.
    • Create whatever metrics groupings needed to send the data to LR.
    • change into introscopeEnertprisemanager.properties for snmp community string/port.
    • Publish your snmp mib for selected metric groupings.
    • Get the mib file from apm home directory and upload it to LR.

Provide your APM server/MOM details at LR console end.It will able to fetch details from introscope by snmp polling.

thanks

• 6.  Re: HP LoadRunner and APM

Posted Jul 30, 2018 06:13 AM

Apart from that try if you can consume introscope webservices as well , we tried but not able to do that  ::

CA Introscope Web Services API Reference - CA Application Performance Management - 9.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

thanks