DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  EPAgent Start failure

Posted Apr 03, 2017 02:52 PM

We are currently getting an Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion when starting an IntroscopeEPAgent.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: EPAgent Start failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 03:39 PM

What version of the EPAgent?  Is there anything that gets written to the EPAgent log?

Check if the epagent\conf\EPAService.conf is set up correctly, especially the path to the properties file, the epagent.jar file, the wrapper.jar file, the path to your Java home is correct.  IIRC, it uses JAVA_HOME, so make sure that is set in your environment variables.

You may want to upload those files here.

• 3.  Re: EPAgent Start failure

Posted Apr 03, 2017 03:45 PM

We are currently in version 9.6.  A patch was installed in the Windows server when it stopped working.  The patch was removed and the server restarted but the EPAgent wouldn't start at all.  I've attached the wrapper logs to our server.  We have 5 instances for our EPAgents.

• 4.  Re: EPAgent Start failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 04:04 PM

Two issues I see.

1. INFO|1472/0|Service IScopeEPA0Prod|17-04-01 02:09:23|4/01/17 02:09:23 AM CDT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] The agent extensions directory E:\Local\Config\ext could not be located.  No extensions will be loaded.

That needs to be fixed in the EPAService.conf file.  

2. I do see failure to connect to the em @ localhost:25001 and then a received service control 4.  Eventually the agent connects to the EM on localhost@25001.  I'm wondering if the delay in connecting is causing this issue.

• 5.  Re: EPAgent Start failure

Posted Apr 03, 2017 04:10 PM

Is there a way to fix that delay in connecting to the EM ?

• 6.  Re: EPAgent Start failure
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:21 AM

It should connect immediately if the EM is up and accepting connections.  Can you check your EM log at the same time those messages appear in the EPAgent.log?

• 7.  Re: EPAgent Start failure

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:29 AM

I think we figured out the cause for non-service startup for the EPAgent.  The log file went over 50MB.  We renamed the wrapper log file and when it created a new wrapper log file the EPAgent service started working.  Thank you for your time.