DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Team Center: how can I verify that differential analysis is actively working?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 03:59 AM

Hello everyone,

I manage to set up a management module similar to the default MM that is provided after Team Center installation :

My "Default" MM for TC

I definitely can see the differential analysis working by selecting the single metric and looking at it in the investigator (in webview) but I cannot see the same result looking at the graph in team center:

This situation is now happening in my production environment while in my test env. I do have the graphical result of the differential analysis as follow in the image:

I guess something is wrong with my configuration or something went wrong during the last patch "APM10.5.1.83XHF"

Can you help me troubleshoting this situation?

Thank you a lot,

Yann

• 2.  Re: Team Center: how can I verify that differential analysis is actively working?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 08:34 AM

Dear Yann:

Thank you for recently joining the APM Community. We hope you find it a valuable and friendly place.

Dear Community (especially APM Admins and CA Partners), can you offer Yann suggestions on next steps?

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Team Center: how can I verify that differential analysis is actively working?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2018 05:59 AM

Dear Yann:

If no one responds by the time you read this, please consider opening a case to get an answer. If you do so, do feel free to post the solution here to help others. 

Others are still free to post their thoughts as well. 

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: Team Center: how can I verify that differential analysis is actively working?

Posted Feb 21, 2018 11:16 AM

If it works, then you have a Variance node in the agent investigator, and inside it, the DA metrics on the response times defined in the differential control

• 5.  Re: Team Center: how can I verify that differential analysis is actively working?

Posted Feb 22, 2018 06:00 AM

Goodmorning everyone,

I woud like to share with you how this problem was solved.

Disclaimer: If you don't want to read it all, skip to >>.

My problem: I couldn't see the grapichal result of Differential Analysis in Team Center in my production environment, meaning I only saw this:

My previous situation: in my production environment I didn't have a default MM for Team Center ( I don't know why I didn't have it since it comes out of the box but even if I had it I coudn't afford it since it produce more metric in my already heavy, big environment) so I had to create one similar to it based on the specific agents expression I was interested to and based on default metric expressions.

The set of metric expressions was imported from the default MM for Team Center that I still have in my test environment; my rookie guess was that after adding all those metrics expression and create a differential control linked to the metric grouping in which they were hosted I would have had the differential analisys visible in Team Center.

That guess was wrong.

>>The graphical result of the differential analisys is only gave for frontend components and only if you set up a metric grouping as follow:

metric grouping agent expression: Custom Metric Host \(Virtual\)\|Custom Metric Process \(Virtual\)\|Custom Business Application Agent \(Virtual\)

metric expressions: By Frontend\|(.*)\|Health:Average Response Time \(ms\)

After you need to create a standard differential control and link it to this metric grouping and the job is done, you'll see this as a result:

This has worked for me, since before this config i was only seeing the straight line in blue, but I admit I only have 1,5 year experience with ca tecnologies products (APM, Spectrum, CEM and others..) and Team Center is the very new thing to play with (actually not to play with since there are a lot of expectation from it) so if you have something to contribute with or you notice wrong info that I provide you're more than welcome to join this thread.

Have a nice day

Ps many many thanks to Antonello Chiaravalle that helped me to figure out this thing,

Yann Buccellato