This is my first time here so give me a little license. I am looking to understand the level of support (if any) that CA APM has for monitoring Spring Boot applications. I haven't found anything on this so far. Given the popularity of Spring Boot, I am feeling that I am missing something. Feedback from the community?
There is an extension available in the CA Market place to monitor Spring boot, refer to below link:
Also, there is a TEC DOC available that might help too "What are the best probe definitions to monitor a Spring Boot application?":
Hope it helps
The Spring Monitoring extension mentioned in the TEC doc is available on the APM Marketplace and is fully supported: http://marketplace.ca.com/shop/ca/spring-monitoring.html
Again, I am new here so give me some license. I have three questions...
1. The TEC DOC that you mentioned contains a link to https://cawiki.ca.com/display/APMFIELDPACKS/Spring+Monitoring. This appears to be a WIKI page and is protected by another set of credentials (community credentials don't work). How/where do you get these?
2. Can you help me better understand what a "Field Pack" is? Is this something that is the same of different than a monitoring extension?
3. Is there documentation available that describes how to develop an extension? The documentation I have seen so far mentions extensions, but I can find any that describe how these are developed.
Jose-Javier-Sanchez is included. I will answer what I can
1) The Marketplace link should replace the KD which needs an update.
2) CAwiki is an internal site that should not be in the knowledge document.
3) A field pack is an extension to the product to support custom capabilities. In time, some of these could be added to the product, depending on popularity and other factors
4) Writing field packs may be covered in the APM developer Community. The github link can be found in 12 Days of CA APM - Day 11 : APM Developer Community
Please let me know if this was helpful
Welcome! We hope you have a good experience and get the answers you seek.(And come back often!) Using APM and Spring boot as keywords in the search (magnifying glass), I found these useful links which talks about a field pack
Please let us know if Jose or my post answers your question or if you require additional assistance.
I find it even more weird that Spring Boot is mentioned in the "CA Application Performance Management 10.1Third-Party Licensing Acknowledgements". See here: Third-Party Licensing Acknowledgements
We provide support for Spring framework through our Communications Tracer, but the newly supported Marketplace extension provides additional exposure for web services, MVC, and other enhancements.
Marking as answered since a solution was provided. Additional questions may be asked if required.
I retired the old knowledge doc. I created a new one that should be available by tomorrow