DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  APM CommandLine options

Posted Nov 28, 2016 08:49 PM

We are trying to run the command line options to collect some transaction data on the Policy server and the command we are trying to run is 
    generate report named [Exact Name] in management module named [name] starting at [] ending at [] to [].

For the report name- i tried with both the "report template" name and the report title name defined in the Management module but keep getting the error:

report not found//

WHat does the "report name" refer to on the Console? Is it the report template name or the name defined under "report title" in the Template Editor?

• 2.  Re: APM CommandLine options
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:06 PM

Hi Anand,

The report name option refers to name of the report template. Below is an example which I use to generate report using CLW; you may find it helpful

generate report named 'DailyHealthReport' in management module named 'HealthCheck' starting at 'Mon Nov 28 03:00:47 CET 2016' ending at 'Tue Nov 29 03:00:47 CET 2016' to Introscope_Report_EMEA_PROD.pdf

In the above example, I have a report template named, "DailyHealthReport" in management module, "HealthCheck" and I save it to a pdf file.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mukesh Singh

• 3.  Re: APM CommandLine options

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:25 PM

Just to add, the corresponding documentation wiki page for the CLW Command Reference is here:

CLW Command Reference - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

See "Report Templates Commands" Section

• 4.  Re: APM CommandLine options

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 08:53 AM

Dear Anand:

Please let us know if Mukesh's and Lynn's answers were helpful. Or after reviewing, you have additional questions.

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: APM CommandLine options

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:33 AM

Dear Anand:

I see no follow-up questions so marking as answered. You may post these if needed. But the references provided should be sufficient.

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: APM CommandLine options

Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:53 AM

Thanks guys. Will test it out today.