DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:00 PM

Hi all,

I've implemented the MuleSoft Field pack mentioned (i.e.) in How to setup Introscope for Mulesoft? and successfully retrieved all metrics.

I wonder if there is some documentation on what do "Mule" folder metrics stand for.

For example, in Flows I see all flows implemented and in each of them, I see

Active Flow Instances

Average Branch Processing Time

Branch Processings per interval

Execution Errors

Flow Errors

Processed Flows per Interval

And then some metrics for each folder.

I'm not an expert in MuleSoft, but I'm being asked about the meaning of these metrics, and I'm not really sure .

Are those names common MuleSoft metrics?

Regards,

Roger

• 2.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:08 PM

reian06 Can you help answer this question?

• 3.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:11 PM

Hi Roger: 

This is in the Read Me. Hopefully it gets you started. Please let us know if you find this helpful.

Flows are the main transactional processes inside the Mule ESB framework. The monitoring solution has a special coverage for Flows with additional metrics making it easier to understand the requests and showing detailed error and analysis information. Flows are visualized at the Mule|Flows node.

Flow usage Metrics : Mule|Flows:Active Flow Instances - The number of active flow instances. Instances are usually active while in listening mode. Mule|Flows:Average Branch Processing Time (ms) - The average total time spent on the flow for processing. Mule|Flows:Branch Processings Per Interval - The number of branches processed for this flow per interval.Mule|Flows:Execution Errors - The number of Execution Errors Mule|Flows:Flow Errors - The number of fatal errors in the system related to the flow

Flow Events Metrics : Mule|Flows|Events:Async Received Events - Asynchronous Events Received on this Processing Flow.Mule|Flows|Events:Dequeued / Queued Events Per Interval - The usage of the async event queue.Mule|Flows|Events:Events|Event Queue Size - The size of the async event queue. Mule|Flows|Events:Events|Synchronous Events - The number of synchronous processed Events.

Whenever the Mule ESB processes a message, the monitoring solution Introscope visualizes the Message Processing touch points in the Mule|Message Processing node and Transaction Traces. The reception of Messages are visualized at the Message Receiver metric tree with the used Message Receiver implementation Mule|Message Receiver|{receiver-name}. Each individual step inside a flow is processed by Processors. The APM solution reports every step element with the Process category and implementation instance. Mule|Processor|{processor-implementation-instance}

• 4.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:26 PM

Thanks!!

unfortunatelly I downloaded the FieldPack from a Support Ticket, and had no readme, but a pdf saying how to install.

Also https://github-isl-01.ca.com/APMSWAT/fieldpack.muleESB.git  is not available, at least for me, so could't access this help file.

This should be really usefull.

Thanks again! Hallett_German Hiko_Davis

• 5.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:29 PM

Yes that is an internal repository.

On your ticket did it come with the details that Hal mentioned or just the binaries?

I just want to make sure before I talk with Andreas.

• 6.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:36 PM

The ticket is a few months old, but I'm pretty sure it had:

SASWAT-MulesoftMuleESB-140416-1802-616.pdf

MULE FIELPACK.zip

basictutorial.png

JDBC.png

MonitoringOverview.png

zip file contains jar and pbd.

PDF has reference to the repository

• 7.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:39 PM

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure. We'll make sure to circle this back to Andreas so those details get packaged so customers can have it. Most of the time, that will also be detailed on the product wiki page, including the installation instructions.

• 8.  Re: MuleSoft FieldPack Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 05:37 AM

The Mule fieldpack is currently in the process of getting fully supported. I assume that an updated and detailed documentation is on the list for it.