DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

• 1.  Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Posted Nov 20, 2015 04:55 AM
      |   view attached

• 2.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 05:09 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

I see you also logged new case 00251828 for this problem.

You have updated to say that after a patch file transfer to Production (Solaris) you have found extra ^M characters at the end of the lines of some of the TIBCO pbd files including the tibcobw-toggles-full.pbd which has the tracers for Job/JObPool tracing i.e

TurnOn: JobTracing

TurnOn: JobPoolTracing

Yes those extra ^M characters would definitely cause a problem so please re-transfer the files in ASCII mode from Windows to Unix (Solaris) which should prevent the extra ^Ms from being present.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Posted Nov 23, 2015 08:48 PM

Hello Lynn,

Yes, '^M' character is added in following lines under file 'tibcobw-toggles-full.pbd'

TurnOn: JobTracing

TurnOn: JobPoolTracing

So you want me to re-transfer this file into ASCII mode from Windows to Unix(Solaris) so I will be using command 'dos2unix tibcobw-toggles-full.pbd tibcobw-toggles-full.pbd' or you want me to use anyother command so plz suggest.

Let me know any other scenario which can restrict 'Job' folder not be generate.

Thanks

Vaibhav

• 4.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 10:43 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

You can EITHER repeat the file transfer (ftp/winscp etc) using ASCII/text mode OR run the dos2unix command on all files which have ^Ms (only 1 of those options is needed)

If that file correction followed by BW Process/agent restart does not fix the problem then we will investigate further via the case.

Thanks

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Posted Nov 23, 2015 10:57 PM

To promote the file into production is required very big process to follow

hence I will try to use dos2unix.

Does it require agent restart after this change.

Thanks & Regards

Vaibhav Jindal

Senior Consultant for APM

On Nov 24, 2015 11:44, "Lynn_Williams" <

• 6.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 11:38 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

Yes agent will need a restart to force a re-read of the modified pbd file.

With current ^Ms in the file:

• Do you see ERROR messages in the main agent log relating to "AutoProbe will not run" & "directives file could not be loaded" after the last restart?
    • Can you see that file listed correctly in the AutooProbe.log after the last restart?

If AutoProbe was not running you would not see any useful monitoring so it looks like it must have started. So it may be ^Ms did not cause a load failure but expected Job related Tracing still is not running due to the ^Ms.

Once the file(s) are healthy we can go from there if problem still persists.

Thanks

Lynn

• 7.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Posted Nov 23, 2015 11:55 PM

Hello Lynn,

Logs could not generate as improper permission on log folder hence can update on the same so I will restart the agent after this change.

Thanks

Vaibhav

• 8.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Posted Dec 03, 2015 04:08 AM

Hello Lynn,

We removed '^M' character and restarted the service and that service is having internal job that is 'writing to a log file' but job folder was not created in Production and then we started the same service in UAT(where everything is working fine) and job folder was not created also here. It seems that agent did not consider it as a job.

Please suggest, agent will consider which/what as a job so that we can try to create the service for testing purpose.

We have mass agent deployment by this weekend so I need to know if 'Job' folder would not present in production then what we have to do.

Please let me know as we have deployment over this weekend and what I can suggest to client to take as precaution or caution.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Vaibhav

• 9.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2015 05:09 AM

Dear Vaibhav:

It sounds like this is a good point to open a case to resolve issues since analysis is likely needed rather than simple answers

Thanks

Hal German

• 10.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2015 04:31 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

These symptoms could also be related to the overloaded Collector that we have diagnosed for the case logged for the missing 5.9 agent problem. Once we sort out that problem we can then see what other ones remain.

Thanks

Lynn

• 11.  Re: Jobs folder is not appearing under TIBCO folder while monitoring Tibco BW 5.12

Posted Dec 03, 2015 07:09 PM

Hello Lynn,

Let me correct you, Our Agent version is 9.1.4+Patch(certified by CA) to

support BW 5.12

If this also looks like collector overloading then how come only 'job'

metrics is not present for all the application.

Thanks & Regards

Vaibhav Jindal

Senior Consultant for APM

On Dec 4, 2015 05:31, "Lynn_Williams" <