DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to suppress useless Traces (Service Question)

Posted Jul 28, 2016 01:18 PM

Hi all folks,

some Introscope Agents collect useless traces, like the "ping.jsp" traces.

Traces.jpg

Does someone know how to suppress this useless traces, there is no reason to collect the data.

The "ping.jsp" path depends to the application name, this is a sample from "/dop".

With regards,

Lutz

• 2.  Re: How to suppress useless Traces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 08:46 AM

Hi,

If you know which classes/ methods/etc are doing this, you can add the skip class instruction to skip over the particular classes, methods. etc.

Please refer the below knowledge article and search for "skip".

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1546418.aspx

Thanks

Yanna

• 3.  Re: How to suppress useless Traces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 09:07 AM

Hi Lutz:

Please let us know if Yanna's response is helpful and this thread can be marked as closed. Or if you have any follow-up questions

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: How to suppress useless Traces

Posted Jul 29, 2016 01:33 PM

Hi Yanna,

yes, TEC1546418 is a nice and helpful TEC Note,

but I can't find the right way to suppress the traces based on the following things I know (see below), sorry.

Any idea, any sample,

Lutz

traces_detail.jpg

• 5.  Re: How to suppress useless Traces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 01:47 PM

Hi Lutz:

I passed this on to my group to review and no further responses was provided. At this point, I suggest opening a case to get an answer. At the same time, I am including Hiko_Davis Guenter_Grossberger and SrikantN and you can also look at your pbds and autoprobe logs for hints on what to turn off,,

• 6.  Re: How to suppress useless Traces
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 01:47 PM

Marking as answered since suggested opening a case as next step. At the same time included non-Support resources