DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  ActiveMQ Metrics

Posted Apr 27, 2017 03:28 PM
      |   view attached

I have deployed the ca-apm-fieldpack-activemq-broker  , however while it does display a large number of metrics in APM, the metric(s) the application users identified as most useful are not displayed.

Is there a way to display metrics for 'Number of Pending Messages' for INT_EVENTS_POTTS_PENDING, or INT_EVENTS_POTTS_DEAD? The Apache Active MQ Queues page lists metrics for 'Number of Consumers' , 'Messages Enqueued' and 'Messages Dequeued', which all display as metrics in APM, but not the 'Pending Messages'.

See attached screenshot.

I am not an expert on EPAgent deployment or configuration, so any help is appreciated.

Attachment(s)

docx
    pending_screenshot.docx   86 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: ActiveMQ Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 06:14 PM

Feel free to post any bugs or enhancements here: https://github.com/CA-APM/ca-apm-fieldpack-activemq-broker/issues

• 3.  Re: ActiveMQ Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2017 09:04 AM

Since this appears to be an enhancement, I am considering this thread as closed

• 4.  Re: ActiveMQ Metrics

Posted May 01, 2017 09:46 AM

So to be clear, you are saying it is NOT POSSIBLE to display these metrics today, and should be submitted as an enhancement?

• 5.  Re: ActiveMQ Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Tony:

What I am saying is .

1) If it not showing up in the typeview, it is not set up by default to show it. Is it possible to set it up to do so? I do not know. -- ca-apm-fieldpack-activemq-broker/activemqepa.typeviewers.xml at master · CA-APM/ca-apm-fieldpack-activemq-broker · GitHu… 

2) Please submit this question to the issues link provided above and you should get a response of a next step

Thanks

Hal German