We had some SOAP messages rejected due to the fact APM agent is inserting correlation id on SOAP.
We found it's the APM agent and applied below four properties to profile file. But even after we applied, the messages are being injected with correlation id and failed again. The app server restart was done so changes went on effect.
Also when I tried to check for traces, I can see cross-process data id for tracers. If I disabled it via profile, how the tracers are still appearing with cross-process data(correlation id). Is there anything else forcefully inserting from agent code? or EM?
I would like to understand why is it behaving in this way.
Adding hikodavis Hallett_German Guenter_Grossberger
Please start by telling us the version of APM you are using.
This is APM version 10.1.
Sent a note to an internal resource asking for a review
I understand that you opened 00457217 on this same question. Since there is a case, marking thread as Answered. To help others, please post the solution to the thread.
We applied the solution suggested in case but even then no luck. I am surprised how cross-process data is added in tracers even after I disabled it
Those properties do not work on 10.x agents.
Guenter_Grossberger Hallett_German : please verify that is the case.
If those properties don't work on 10.1 agents then we have a significant doc bug.
SOA-Specific Agent Configuration Properties - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentati…
Can you please check or get that tested whether it works for 10.1 agents?
I will ask my team to update the case.
This is bit urgent because we have series of implementation on SOA.
I'm IM'ing engineering as we speak. No answer just yet.
I updated the case requesting a zip of the entire agent install. it would also help, tremendously, if agent logging could be re-enabled so that we can get diagnostics. I sent the case owner (Maria) this request.
Engineering states these properties still work. They believe there may be some field pack deployed which doesn't honor these properties, but gave no specifics.
Please upload a zip copy of the entire agent installation tree, and diagnostics logs, to the case as soon as possible. Thanks!
That is the case number..
Hal: I meant to verify that the properties no longer work for 10.x agents.
Yes Please. Is it the case that these properties won't work for 10.x agents?
I have asked a couple of times for a zip of the complete agent installation tree. Please provide this asap so we may review it in entirety and try to come to a conclusion here.
Additionally, can you verify if your WebLogic agent uses any field packs? Perhaps the OSB field pack, or Spring Framework field pack? I ask because the SOAP header injected pertains to an OSB metric (however I have not been able to look at the source code); and I know for fact that the Spring field pack does a lot of work with SOAP headers.
Thanks, Karthik -- let's move as fast as possible on this so we can bring you to the resolution you need quickly.
It does appear from the source it does still look for those properties, but I have a vague recollection of another conversation where it was mentioned that the agent may ignore them even though the Web Services extension still has the code.
I'll keep looking while support is handling the ticket.
Keith is working the case and Hiko is helping as well . So I will monitor the case because it is in very good hands.
Thanks Hal, Keith and Hiko. You will get agent install folder in few minutes. Before we upload that, we used 10.1.0.15 agent. We enabled SOA extension with OSB.
We did not add any field pack because it's a fresh install
Hi Karthik, for the record what version is your OSB?
And so far no agent has been uploaded to the case. Instead Saurabh Kothari has written into the case calling for a webex session. It is standard operating procedure to review the installation and diagnostics from that installation, but so far this has not been possible because the request for files is still not fulfilled.
As per CA definition on a call, some tracers will be disabled by below properties and some are not.
So with the help of CA, we manually disabled SOAPTracing in OSB-typical.pbd. No testing happened so can't say whether this is working right now.
Additionally, we added these properties on other environments and I can see cross process data is still captured. So I wonder whether these properties really works for 10.1 agent.