After the restarting the aoolication and the agent is up i can see only the basics metric as follows:
But at the 9.6 version we also had-
Can some please tell me what i'm doing wrong?
It looks like autoprobe is not loading properly. I would suggest checking in the introscopeagent.log file and autoprobe.log file for any error messages.
Alternatively if the agent name has changed them it may be hitting a clamp in the EM - check the APM status console for any warnings about clamps
Thanks for your reply!
This is what i see at the AutoProbe.log:
Unable to instrument. Invalid settings provided: 3 Can't proceed because The flag name "Axis1ClientTracingMethodClassNew" is already used as an aggregate flag in another directive. File /.../appmap-soa.pbd ; Line 31.
And this is from the IntroscopeAgent.log:
4/28/16 10:29:01 AM IDT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Introscope AutoProbe will not run because the provided directives files are not valid: Can't proceed because The flag name "Axis1ClientTracingMethodClassNew" is already used as an aggregate flag in another directive. File /.../appmap-soa.pbd ; Line 31. Please restart with valid directives.
I've looked at the file appmap-soa.pbd at version 9.6 and it's the same. Do i need to change something?
How does the Directive properties look like? I suspect appmap-soa.pbd is called twice.
I'm not sure how to find it, can you please direct me?
It sounds as though you have some duplicate directives specificed - the default distribution only references Axis1ClientTracingMethodClassNew in the appmap-soa.pbd so another pbd in the directives you are specifying must be also making that reference. What to you have specified in the agent profile for the introscope.autoprobe.directivesFile= property
I can see that there is a reference to the appmap-soa.pbd file from 2 pbl files,
I removed it from 1 restart the application and the problem solved.
Does is meter from which one to remove?
No, all the files are loaded and processed regardless of order but it would be interesting to know which files you found the references in - the standard distribution only references this in the tomcat-full or tomcat-typical pbls
I found it at this two files:
Since 10.1 spm.pbl is no longer included as the SOA extension is included by default see CA APM Release Notes - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation - what version does it have in the header - did you copy this from an old installation. My recommendation would be to remove spm.pbl from the directives list as all the referenced pbds are now in the 10.1 typical/full pbls.
You are correct,
i've copied it from an old version