DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Actual Total metric

• 1.  Actual Total metric

Posted Dec 07, 2016 02:58 PM

I'm trying get a metric for the actual total number of invocations of an IIB9 flow over a period of time, instead of total number per Interval. I would think this would be simply possible but I cannot find a way to produce this metric.

Im guessing a calculator will be required. I have tried to us the Management Module calculators but it doesnt seem to actually sum up the values. If a java script calculator is required then I will definitely request help on that.

If it is possible to due with a report that would be great.

Any help is appreciated here...

• 2.  Re: Actual Total metric
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 03:22 PM

A calculator would be required.

Can you share a screenshot of what you would like to add up?  Over how long of a period of time would you want to add?  

I would say a javascript calculator would be your best bet and not a regular calculator.

• 3.  Re: Actual Total metric

Posted Dec 07, 2016 03:56 PM

Thanks for the response and any help you may provide.... Here is a last 1 week view of Message Flow Invocations Total for a particular flow. I would like to be able to get an actual total # of Invocations for the last week instead of Total per Interval. I actually found a couple very complex ways to do this (reports + shell script or MM calc + reports) but a java script calculator would be ideal. Maybe it could reset its count based on a variable I could change like Duration could be 1 Week or 1 Day or something... So the counter would just keep adding up instead of resetting each interval...

• 4.  Re: Actual Total metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 12:16 PM

If you want the count per week, the javascript calculator would be the best route to go.

• 5.  Re: Actual Total metric

Posted Dec 08, 2016 01:25 PM

My thoughts exactly. I came here in hopes to get help with that. Development is not my strong suite...

I just noticed the Count column in the standard report templates. I cant seem to find any documentation on this but it appears this does show the total. I always thought is was the number of data points taken...

• 6.  Re: Actual Total metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 01:30 PM

Hiko_Davis Guenter_Grossberger would be best to assist you on that.

• 7.  Re: Actual Total metric

Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:30 PM

Thanks for the reply...

Can anyone tell me what the count column in the report is?

• 8.  Re: Actual Total metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2016 01:43 PM

The count column in the report is the total value of the metric that you are reporting on in the time frame specified in the report.

• 9.  Re: Actual Total metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Dear Jordan:

The original question was "is a calculator required?" Matt has confirmed yes and provided additional pointers. Specific assistance on building and debugging a calculator should be a discussion not a question. I posted a note in our internal APM community asking for someone to respond further. You may continue to post questions and comments but this is getting into a non-Support area and other non-Support Subject matter experts will need to assist.

Thanks

Hal German

• 10.  Re: Actual Total metric

Posted Dec 12, 2016 08:54 AM

Thanks Hal,

We can close everything related to this post now. I have given what I have to the customer and that will have to be good enough.

Thanks again to all that reply...

• 11.  Re: Actual Total metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 01:08 PM

Hi,

you can use Command Line Workstation to export the data to a csv file. Set the time interval as high as possible (e.g. 1 day) and then summarize in Excel: https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/using/apm-command-line-workstation/clw-command-reference#CLWCommandReference-ExtractPersistentDatafromSmartStor(WithinaTimeRange)

E.g. java -Xmx128M -Duser=${EM_USER} -Dpassword=${EM_PWD} -Dhost=${EM_HOST} -Dport=${EM_PORT} -jar CLWorkstation.jar "get historical data from agents matching (.*weblogic.*) and metrics matching (Servlets:Responses Per Interval) between \"2016-10-12 00:00:00\" and \"2016-10-19 00:00:00\" with frequency of 86400 seconds" > data.csv

Ciao,

Guenter