DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold

Posted Jul 19, 2016 12:39 PM

To Introscope alerts: Can I define variable values to danger threshold or caution threshold?

for example constant values from others metrics

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2016 01:17 PM

• 3.  Re: Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2016 01:41 PM

Hi Nando:

Please let us know if Gustavo's response was helpful and answers the question. Or additional assistance is needed

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold

Posted Jul 19, 2016 03:42 PM

My question relates to whether there is an undeclared or documented form to set the maximum value of a graphic scale or limit danger to the action of an alert that can be associated with the values captured in a metric.
    I know I can only define numerical values, but I think in some cases it would be better to take a real value. in the case of infrastructure or machine resources may increase, such as the amount of memory

This question is because for one of our customer, we are capturing metrics of an environment through a service with Epagent and deploy this information in APM. I know this is better for UIM, but if I recall, and in this specific case, both solutions define alerts in a very similar way.

• 5.  Re: Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2016 09:41 AM

Hi Fernando,

Currently we do not have the ability to take in a variable for the Danger and Caution values.  Only numerical values between 0 and 9 are allowed.  I would invite you to create an Enhancement Request on this.

Thanks,
    Matt

• 6.  Re: Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2016 09:48 AM

Hi Fernando:

A response has been provided to the key question. Please let me know if this thread can be marked as answered  since this is not a current capability

Thanks

Hal

• 7.  Re: Introscope - Define variable values to danger or caution threshold

Posted Jul 21, 2016 04:45 PM

Thank you very much everyone for your answers.