DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to remotely update SystemEDGE trap destination host/port settings

Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:02 PM

Does anyone know of a way I can remotely update SysEDGE trap destination host/port settings on Spectrum managed SystemEDGE models? I can view these using the Attribute Editor, but cannot change them. MIB tools works the same, I can view but not edit these settings to update/correct them. Thank you.

• 2.  Re: How to remotely update SystemEDGE trap destination host/port settings

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:13 PM

Are you using the Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Managers (VAIM) console?  It's available for use with SystemEDGE 5.x (on the same media) to update configurations, deploy policy, etc. even if you didn't purchase the virtual monitoring capability (the "VAIM" portion).  If so, then you can use that.  If not, then the only way is to update the sysedge.cf file on those systems.

• 3.  Re: How to remotely update SystemEDGE trap destination host/port settings

Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:45 PM
      |   view attached

Yes, changing sysedge.cf files is how we do it now. Looking for an easier way, since we don’t have direct access to servers (and their sysedge.cf files).

In digging around I did find a CA doc reference that said this could be done via Virtual Assurance Console, but so far unable find specific instructions. Would you be able to point me to specific instructions for updating trap dest host/port using Virtual Assurance?

• 4.  Re: How to remotely update SystemEDGE trap destination host/port settings
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2016 05:15 PM
      |   view attached

I think I found what I need in the VAIM Admin guide.

Thanks for the clarification on options to address this.