DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  EPAgent Stateful plugin

Posted May 04, 2017 03:55 PM

The metric generated from a stateful plugin with EPAgent is maintained or repeated in the following periods.
    Exist similar configuration to

introscope.epagent.stateless.TRAP.metricNotReportedAction=zero

for stateful plugin

• 2.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2017 04:04 PM
    • Stateful
      These plug-ins are expected to be long running scripts (daemons) to be started when the EPAgent starts and run indefinitely. These stateful plug-ins can feed data back into Introscope at any time through the standard plug-in output channel. When a stateful plug-in terminates, the EPAgent restarts the plug-in.

A stateful EPAgent plugin does run continuously.

Francis

• 3.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Posted May 09, 2017 10:37 AM

Thanks Francis,

My problem is solved by defining the metric type as PerIntervalCounter, I have previously used IntCounter, this type holds the same value until the metric changes. This is independent of the stateful or stateles for the plugins definition into the IntroscopeEPAgent.properties file

• 4.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2017 10:49 AM

Dear Fernando:

Thanks for sharing the solution. How did you find the resolution?  The response given was to a general question. since I don't see a screenshot The original note was unclear if it was an information question or a problem.needing resolution. Specific questions generally get better responses. 

How did you find out the resolution? Was the documentation helpful in this process or needs additional clarification

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Posted May 09, 2017 01:58 PM

Hi Hal,

I reviewed a old documentation from CA, a ppt with the description for each metric data type. I developed many plugins for this customer, and in this plugin, the "copy&paste" betrayed me. I developed all plugins on perl and my focus I was  centred in the thirdty perl modules used. And I took time to remember the behavior of data types for metrics.

My apologies for questions that are not extensive and clear. I will be more careful in describing my questions. Thank you very much for the willingness of all to answer my questions.

Another them, our customer used others solutions as Tivoli (ominibus), Splunk and Tealeaf. We have strong competition with Splunk primarily because of the graphical capability of deploying this solution and by some monitoring components that have prevailed over CA (example: CA App Synthetic Monitor) solutions. In this sense you know if there are planned improvements CA APM in the graphical handling of the data for the dashboards.

Thanks

Fernando Contreras

• 6.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2017 03:52 PM

Thanks Fernando for the useful explanation and explaining clearly the situation you are dealing with. APM Support and our colleagues in other APM groups work hard to make this a great and one of the best communities with useful documents, blogs etc.and answering your questions in a timely fashion with helpful pointers and clear next steps. If there are additional things that we can do or areas we can improve, please let us know.

Hal German

• 7.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2017 04:14 PM

Dear Fernando:

Please provide a clear question/problem and a screenshot showing the issue so we can help out on your particular scenario

Thanks

Hal German

• 8.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2017 02:24 AM

Hi,

The question is not clear. Kindly post what exactly you are looking for as Hal requested?

Regards
    Sri

• 9.  Re: EPAgent Stateful plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2017 06:46 AM

Marking as answered since there are no clear questions to answer and no follow-up responses. Additional clarifications may be provided as needed.