DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  count of servers metric

Posted Mar 01, 2017 10:44 AM

I'm trying to get a current count of hosts (servers, hostnames) that agents are currently reporting from.  We have a count of agents and we can see the hostname, but since multiple agents can report from the same host, where or how can I get a count of the hosts?  Is there existing javascript that can provide that or another existing metric?  Or would I need to run a smarttools command and then parse the results.  I'm looking for a live metric for the count.  Further, I would like a count as well as a list of the hostnames of both active and inactive (unmounted) hosts (servers, hostnames).  #apm-scripts #metrics #introscope 

• 2.  Re: count of servers metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 10:57 AM

To get a count of agents,  you can use this supportability metric

*SuperDomain*|Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent (Virtual)|Enterprise Manager|Connections|Number Of Agents

If you have a cluster, each collector will report that value so you could either report individual agent load per collector or make a sum of values using JavaScript calculator

If you want more details about the agents, like the names, you would need to use something like CLW:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/using/apm-command-line-workstation/clw-command-reference#CLWCommandReference-IntroscopeAgentCommands

• 3.  Re: count of servers metric

Posted Mar 01, 2017 11:01 AM

Thanks, yes, we have a count of the agents.  I need a count of the servers that have agents reporting.

• 4.  Re: count of servers metric
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 11:52 AM

Greg:

I was told that clw list agents may be able to do this . Else, I am not sure how it can be done

Thanks

Hal

• 5.  Re: count of servers metric

Posted Mar 01, 2017 12:15 PM

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.  So, it sounds like there is not a metric for this count presently, but that with CLW, I will be able to gather the information for the active and unmounted agents and then just have to parse the results to get the specific information that I need regarding the hosts.  

• 6.  Re: count of servers metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 01:02 PM

Greg:

That is correct . See https://communities.ca.com/thread/241700103

What will be  returned [host]|[appserver]|[agent];

Please feel free to ask additional questions as needed.

Thanks 

Hal German