DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  BS not appear or are in gray color

Posted Jul 01, 2016 04:43 PM

I can see all APM Business Services from CA CEM console, but some do not appear or are in gray color (disabled) in Investigator-CA Introscope Workstation.

previous,we migrated  from CA APM 9.7 to CA APM 10.2
    In this moment i cant open a support case,  i dont have the Site ID for this customer.
              Into the CA CEM I can view all BS in enabled status.
    Thanks

• 2.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2016 09:05 AM

Hi:

Restarting the MOM sometimes makes transactions appear or disappear. You didn't say if these same transactions appear in CEM. You could also have cluster performance or clamping issues (Although the clamped symbol should appear in the Investigator.

Turning on logging on the TIM Btstats/LogLevel=2 and Debug on MOM/Tim Collector temporarily may reveal what is going on.

Ultimately, you will likely need to open a case.

Please let us know if this response was helpful and the thread may be marked as closed. Or do you need further assistance

Thanks

Hal Gernab

• 3.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color

Posted Jul 05, 2016 10:10 AM

Thanks Hal for your reply.

• 4.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2016 04:13 PM

Hello,

In addition to what Hal Hallett_German suggested please check in CEM UI/CEM tab if you are seeing live Defects (Incident Management-Defects-Show "All Defects") and Stats for Today (Analysis Graphs). That will confirm if defects & stats for those missing Business Services are coming through into CEM itself and the problem is specific to BtStats metrics not coming through into the TIM Collector SmartStor for display on the Introscope Investigator.

Thanks

Lynn

• 5.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color

Posted Jul 05, 2016 10:29 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply, can you tell me:

How I can decreasse the time (1 hour), that it take the apm process, to determinate that has that it put in disabled mode the BS that no have activity in thios time laps.

And how I can be sure (or how I can probe) that all TIM's, are viewing  all trafic for a determinate BS?

Thanks

• 6.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:36 PM

Hi Nando68,

1. Where are you seeing a 1 hour delay?

If a BT is disabled & TIM is sync'ed the TIM should stop generating BTStats/RTTM metrics immediately & the corresponding CEM|BS|BT node on the Investigator should then grey out very quickly. Normally if an agent disconnects it will take an hour for the EM to remove it according to the value of EM property "introscope.enterprisemanager.autoUnmountDelayInMinutes"

IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties - CA Application Performance Management - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

However I am not 100% sure if that removal would apply to a CEM sub-node

2. To confirm TIM(s) is receiving ALL traffic is probably best done by comparing web server log counts with Throughput stats data in CEM.  You can use TIM Transaction Inspection and a specific client IP Address to verify if TIM gets your transaction and matches it with defined BT.

Hope that helps

Lynn

• 7.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color

Posted Jul 06, 2016 10:21 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply,

Then, as I understand it, increase this value in the ranges defined in the documentation, I would allow EM take longer to stop listening to the metric having no such activity.

Visually this inactivity is reflected in gaps in the charts of metric?

Our client is uncomfortable with the gaps in the graphics, as in the previous version were displayed values 0

If I modify this attribute, I can obtain a plus in the metrics  displayed ?

Thanks, your comments and Hal have been very helpful for my work

• 8.  Re: BS not appear or are in gray color

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:26 AM

Marking as answered since responses on causes and next steps were given and no additional questions/feedback was provided. Please feel free to follow-up as needed.