DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Duplicate tracer found @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\j2ee.pbd; line 266 of tracer @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\apm-common.pbd; line 201

• 1.  Duplicate tracer found @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\j2ee.pbd; line 266 of tracer @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\apm-common.pbd; line 201

Posted May 11, 2016 09:16 AM

I am getting this error in the log of my application about duplicate in Tracer pbd. I see that there is difference in the what is being called out:

Duplicate tracer found @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\j2ee.pbd; line 266 of tracer @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\apm-common.pbd; line 201

j2ee.pbd line :                     TraceComplexMethodsIfFlagged: SessionBeanTracing CorTracer "CorId"

apm-common.pbd line:      TraceComplexMethodsIfFlagged: SessionBeanTracing CorPreTracer "CorId"

Could these two lines be referring to the same thing even if one is CorTrace and the other is CorPreTracer?

Thanks,

Daniel Addo

• 2.  Re: Duplicate tracer found @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\j2ee.pbd; line 266 of tracer @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\apm-common.pbd; line 201
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2016 10:52 AM

Hi Daniel,

This message is normal and indicates that the agent found that both directives are being mapped to the same class/method pair.  Both CorTracer and CorPreTracer translates to the same probe.  This will not affect your instrumentation.

Regards,

Matt

• 3.  Re: Duplicate tracer found @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\j2ee.pbd; line 266 of tracer @ D:\wily\introscope\wily\core\config\apm-common.pbd; line 201

Posted May 11, 2016 11:10 AM

Thanks Matt for your response.

Daniel Addo