DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Team Center

Posted Jun 22, 2016 06:40 PM

Hi All,

I am unable to find two queries with respect to CA APM Team Center 10.2, Kindly assist thanks in advance

1. What does the Dash line in the generic frontend signifies ?

2. If we got notification of occurrence Alert in the Dashboard View is there a link available to directly go to that faulty component in Map View or to the metric investigator?

As per my knowledge, option is available in the map view to go to the faulty metrics directly from Component View of that component -> performance overview -> click on the metric name Or directly click on alert name

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 2.  Re: Team Center

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 07:49 AM

Hi Winkle:

I have sent a note internally asking for someone to respond to you

Thanks

Hal

• 3.  Re: Team Center
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:17 AM

For question #1, I think in historic mode, in the timeline, dashed blue lines mean this edge had no longer any activities in this time range and "disappeared" from Team Center. The contrary is blue lines, which mean a new edge (relation) appeared during the time range.

• 4.  Re: Team Center

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 03:39 PM

Hi Winkle:

Answer that I was provided for Q2

drill into investigator using link that shows when you hover over that metric.

• 5.  Re: Team Center

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2016 01:29 AM

Actually, first click on the alert in the alerts panel on the right hand side. That takes you to the alert definition in the Management Module. There you can hover of the metrics and drill down into the metric that alerted.

• 6.  Re: Team Center

Posted Jun 27, 2016 01:57 AM

Hi Guenter,

Thanks for the update, Clicking on the alert in the alert panel is available in the Map View as I was refering above however my concern was If I am in dashboard view is there any correlation between the Map view and Dashboard view.

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 7.  Re: Team Center

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 03:40 PM

Hi Winkle:

Both questions have been provided with answers.Please let us know if that is sufficient or you have any follow-up questions

Thanks

Hal German

• 8.  Re: Team Center

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2016 08:28 AM

Hi Winkle:

Answers were provided to both questions and there were no follow-up questions. Marking as answered.

Thanks

Hal German

• 9.  Re: Team Center

Posted Jun 27, 2016 02:03 AM

Hi Hallett,

I think Question one is now clear however I am still having some difficulties in addressing question 2, because what I need is if client is in dashboard view and needs to identify the RCA then can he directly go to the Map view faulty component by clicking somewhere in the dashboard view of teamcenter instead of going to the Map view and browse the faulty component manually and then proceed for his RCA by following to the Guenter suggestion.

Regards,

Winkle Khurana