DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  In Investigator, Traces Tab don´t show data

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:36 AM

Hi, when the Investigator show data in Traces Tab, only when the application or service has a error, when the Errors Tab has data ?.  I am monitoring a service and this not show data in Traces tab for 5, 10 or more days, and don´t show erros.

Thank you very much!

• 2.  Re: In Investigator, Traces Tab don´t show data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:58 AM

Hi,

There are several ways that CA APM collects transaction traces: automatic, sampling and manual transaction tracing. Traces with errors are automatically collected. Differential analysis and CEM also trigger automatic transaction tracing only for the transaction that is impacted by a detected issue.

Sampling means that although we track every transaction we don't keep the trace of every transaction but only one every two minutes (by default). Manual means that you can start a transaction trace session from the UI and select which filters to apply (e.g agent, response time, ...) because you don't want to collect all transactions on all servers.

See Configure Transaction Trace Options - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation and Collect and Analyze Transaction Traces - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation for more information.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: In Investigator, Traces Tab don´t show data

Posted Dec 15, 2015 05:10 AM

Hi - just want to follow this up if possible.

I have a support case open at the moment on a 10.1 POC environment in this area.

We are looking at the functionality of smart instrumentation. For some reason the MOM will not show the trace data either via the traces tab in the investigator or via query historical events.

If I log in directly to the collector, the traces data appears with no problem.