DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove duplicate users in CEM in bulk? Also is there a way for CEM to check if the user exists before it adds a duplicate when monitoring transactions?

• 1.  Does anyone know if there is a way to remove duplicate users in CEM in bulk? Also is there a way for CEM to check if the user exists before it adds a duplicate when monitoring transactions?

Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:51 AM

We are currently monitoring several transactions over several business services/applications and are getting duplicate users sometimes up to as many as 5. I am wondering #1 if there is any way to remove the duplicates in bulk instead of having to delete them manually (I have over 50,000)? Secondly, is there a way to setup CEM so that it will check to see if the user exists before throwing it into the "New Users" group and merge the info? Any help is appreciated.

CEM Duplicate User 20151105.JPG

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know if there is a way to remove duplicate users in CEM in bulk? Also is there a way for CEM to check if the user exists before it adds a duplicate when monitoring transactions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:49 AM

Hi,

are you using the same users in different (business) applications? Have you checked Setup/Domain/Ignore Applications in User Recognition?

If not users are not global but unique per application, i.e. user1@app1 != user1@app2.

If you change that setting it is probably best to remove all users. Contact CA Support for a script to do this.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: Does anyone know if there is a way to remove duplicate users in CEM in bulk? Also is there a way for CEM to check if the user exists before it adds a duplicate when monitoring transactions?

Posted Nov 05, 2015 11:44 AM

Thank you Guenter Grossberger, I was not aware of this setting. Yes we have the same users using multiple applications so it appears I get one instance of each user for each application. Am I to understand correctly that checking this option will keep that from happening? Does it matter the case, upper vs. lower?

• 4.  Re: Does anyone know if there is a way to remove duplicate users in CEM in bulk? Also is there a way for CEM to check if the user exists before it adds a duplicate when monitoring transactions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 12:08 PM

Hi,

there is a separate setting "Case sensitive login names" under Administration/Business Application/<application name>. You have to disable that for every business application (as users could be unique per application).

Ciao,

Guenter

• 5.  Re: Does anyone know if there is a way to remove duplicate users in CEM in bulk? Also is there a way for CEM to check if the user exists before it adds a duplicate when monitoring transactions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 10:32 AM

If you have a lot of users, then I would open up a case soon to get the script to bulk remove users as not to slow down your APM GUI operations as well as fill up your APM Database

Hal German