DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence (Not seeing Server in Webview)

Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:34 AM

OK with these options inside catalina.sh the applications now boot.

I can't seem to see the server in APM WebView.

What would the reasoning behind this?

I have the correct setup in the IntroscopeAgent.profile.

Thanks,

Colm

• 2.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence (Not seeing Server in Webview)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 07:09 AM

Hi Colm,

Are you talking about the application frontends? Do you see at least the servername?  Does the problem occurs for Confluence and/or JIRA? if possible attach a screenshot

Open the agent logs, check if you see the agent is connecting to the EM - if possible attach the agent log and collector log

Also, check in the status console, maybe the agent is being denied (you would need to update the LB xml) or maybe a clamp has been reached (you would need to update apm-events-thresholds-config.xml)

Regards,

Sergio

• 3.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence (Not seeing Server in Webview)

Posted Apr 07, 2016 04:26 AM

Hi Sergio,

Am I correct in saying that the agent should run with an application restart?

I see nothing in the logs at all so, the agent doesn't seem to be running.

Could you explain a bit more about "check in the status console, maybe the agent is being denied (you would need to update the LB xml) or maybe a clamp has been reached (you would need to update apm-events-thresholds-config.xml)"?

Thanks,

Colm

• 4.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence (Not seeing Server in Webview)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2016 08:36 AM

Hi Colm,

Yes, that is correct.

If you don't see any agent log then the agent it not active, you would need to review your startup script again, something is wrong.

I have attached a sample tomcat startup script + some custom pbds/pbl from our test confluence wiki enviornment  ( confluence.pbd, confluence.pbl, lingotek.pbd, postgresql.pbd and setenv.sh)

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231165652

If you cannot isolate the issue, I suggest you to open a support case.

Best Regards,

Sergio

• 5.  Re: Anyone with experience using with JIRA / Confluence (Not seeing Server in Webview)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 04:40 PM

Hi Colm:

It may be best to open a case to dig deeper into this should there be multiple issues needing addressing.

Thanks

Hal German