DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Reporting a APM Documentation bug

• 1.  Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:24 PM

Currently trying to spin up another EM for APM 10.0 and found that the OSGI tar was not accessible.  Then found that after 10.1 the install guide did not have references to the download site

Download External Component Packages - CA Application Performance Management - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I could find no references to the OSGI external package, the need for it or the opensrcd.ca.com site to download in the 10.5 but CA Support has stated that it is still required.

On the support case I got:

"Please open a blog on CA APM Communities for Document Bug; appreciate your help.  "

So how do I create a documentation bug?

Thank you,

Billy

• 2.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:32 PM

Hi Billy:

With documentation you may 

1) Add a Document on any docops page

2) Open a Support Case Requesting a Doc Defect

Support Engineers should know the steps to do this.

I will also track it in our monthly Doc Board Meetings

Please let me know if this is helpful and can be marked as correct and post other questions on this topic.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:45 PM

1. Don't see an option on the docops page to add a document

2. I listed this on support case 00651949 and the support engineer posted "Please open a blog on CA APM Communities for Document Bug; appreciate your help.  "

Thanks,

Billy

• 4.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:55 PM

I had a bunch of detail on the documentation in the support case.  I copy/pasted the content for reference.

Thank you [name],

The site http://opensrcd.ca.com/ips/osgi/ is not responsive. I have tried multiple times across the day and each time nothing. Not sure if it is a blocked site on my side or if there is an issue on the hosting side.

So we can change the topic of this case or should I open a new case to determine why the hosting site is not accessible. Hey do you have CA APM agents on the site? Maybe we can use APM to diagnose this issue.

Secondary, I would like to register a document defect:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10/en/installing/apm-installation-and-upgrade/pre-installation-requirements/download-external-component-packages

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-1/en/installing/apm-installation-and-upgrade/pre-installation-requirements/download-external-component-packages

Did not find "osgiPackages" in a document search.

In the 10.5 documentation under
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/installing/apm-installation-and-upgrade/pre-installation-requirements/download-apm-software

There is no mention of the osgi package requirements.

Thank you,
    Billy

• 5.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:57 PM

On the bottom of the doc page, where it says was this helpful and a comments section, you can enter the information there and that will get to our doc people as well.

• 6.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Posted Jan 19, 2017 03:00 PM

• 7.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 03:05 PM

Yes that is it.

• 8.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 03:10 PM

Dear Billy:

Asking Tech Info on this (Comment Box and 10.5). Not aware of this changing. I know that these comments are reviewed very carefully by the Doc Team.

Thanks

Hal German

• 9.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:33 PM

Also we currently have an issue with our osgi site and are working to get it active again.

• 10.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Posted Jan 20, 2017 03:42 AM

Hi Billy, 

Phil from Tech Info here. You've identified a Defect we're working to get fixed. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

In the meantime, settings are now configured so that as an anonymous user you'll be able to view page comments. However, to add a comment you will need to be logged in, as is the expected behavior.

Thanks,

Phil

• 11.  Re: Reporting a APM Documentation bug

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 07:45 AM

Dear Phil: mulph01

I want to thank you and the Tech Info Team for jumping on this and resolving so quickly. It shows your ongoing commitment to great documentation and meeting customer needs

Thanks

Hal German