DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  APM for SiteMinder

Posted Feb 24, 2016 05:56 PM

Hello everyone, I am a beginner with APM, we recently acquired APM for CA SiteMinder(SSO). Can anyone suggest me if I need to CA CEM componenet for monitoring CA SSO? or Can I just install CA Enterprise manager and configure  with CA SSO?

• 2.  Re: APM for SiteMinder
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 06:04 PM

Hi Sam,

You don't need the CEM functionality for CA APM Manager for CA SSO (aka "CA Wily Manager for CA SiteMinder") as it just relies on the Introscope side of APM.

So yes you just install the EM(s) and CA APM Manager for CA SSO agent to connect to it.

Let us know if we can help further.

Thanks

Lynn

P.S. As an aside CEM functionality is built into the EM, plus you also need a Transaction Impact Monitor (TIM)

• 3.  Re: APM for SiteMinder

Posted Feb 24, 2016 06:17 PM

Thank You, Sir. You have saved me so much time. Much appreciated.

• 4.  Re: APM for SiteMinder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2016 06:27 PM

Hi Sam:

This KB discusses further how APM can monitor SiteMinder

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1748604.aspx

To monitor SiteMinder applications with CEM see Integrating CA SiteMinder with CA CEM - CA Application Performance Management - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

This is needed to capture SM variables if not already HTTP Header variables provided by the agent.

As Lynn said, CEM and Introscope provide two different integrations with SiteMinder

Please let us know if your question has been answered or followup is needed

Thanks

Hal German