DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to suppress SQL Queries ?

Posted Sep 24, 2015 10:45 AM

Hi,

We are facing issues on Sonata server to switch on Introscope. Its making the environment very slow.

I checked and its reflected lot of SQL Queries. I have set all the SQL related metrics to false, but didn't help.

Please help.

• 2.  Re: How to suppress SQL Queries ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2015 11:26 AM

Hi,

in the IntroscopeAgent.profile there is a section of properties related to SQL monitoring:

#######################
    # SQL Agent Configuration
    #
    # You must restart the managed application before changes to these properties take effect.
    # Configuration settings for Introscope SQL Agent
    # ================
    # Turns off metrics for individual SQL statements. The default value is false.
    #introscope.agent.sqlagent.sql.turnoffmetrics=false
    # Report only Average Response Time metric for individual SQL statements. The default value is false.
    #introscope.agent.sqlagent.sql.artonly=false
    # Turn off transaction tracing for individual sql statements. The default value is false.
    #introscope.agent.sqlagent.sql.turnofftrace=false
    # Unnormalized sql will appear as parameter for Sql components in Transaction Trace
    # Caution: enabling this property may result in passwords and sensitive information to be presented in Transaction Trace
    # The default value is false.
    #introscope.agent.sqlagent.sql.rawsql=false

To completely shut off SQL monitoring set introscope.agent.sqlagent.sql.turnoffmetrics=true.

Also see documentation: Configure SQL Monitoring for Java and Java Agent Properties.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 3.  Re: How to suppress SQL Queries ?

Posted Sep 28, 2015 10:01 AM

Hi,

After suppressing SQL also the environment is performing too slow whenever Introscope is switched on. I even switched off the JMX metrics, still no luck.

Please advice what can be done.

• 4.  Re: How to suppress SQL Queries ?

Posted Sep 29, 2015 05:14 AM

Could you please elaborate your statement - "I checked and its reflected lot of SQL Queries."

Where are you getting this and what makes you to come to a conclusion that SQL queries (of Wily or Application Server ? ) are impacting your application ?

Application slowness could be due to many ways or reasons. You need to check the Heap configurations and other parameters at a box level. [ Infra monitoring]

Above is just a drop from an ocean, so please provide more data points so that we could suggest.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 5.  Re: How to suppress SQL Queries ?

Posted Sep 29, 2015 06:31 AM

Hi,

There are performance issues whenever we switch on Introscope for Sonata framework. The environment behaves too slow due to which Introscope is backed out now.

I want to know what can be the solution for this.

Also could you let me know what should be corrected under Heap configurations and what other parameters we need to check.

• 6.  Re: How to suppress SQL Queries ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 12:26 PM

Hi,

please don't double and triple post your questions. See my answer here: Introscope causing Performance issues.

So:

• check CPU, GC times and heap to identify resource bottlenecks (might be root cause or symptom!)
    • check metric counts and number of invocations for metrics to identify metric explosion and over-instrumentation

Ciao,

Guenter