DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Export Investigator Traces data from the Tree View

Posted Oct 30, 2015 09:36 AM

Hi all folks,

does someone know how to export the Tree View data from the Investigator tab Traces.

In the Transaction Tracer a Trace Export function is available to export the Data in a xml-File, but in the Investigator I can't find a function to export more detail data from a collected trace (today I use Introscope 9.5.2).

Any Idea how to save/export the information,

thanks for any suggestion,

Lutz

p.s.

The only way to save/export some information is copy/past the Summary View Data, but the Tree View can't copy/past.

• 2.  Re: Export Investigator Traces data from the Tree View
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 30, 2015 02:21 PM

Hi Lutz,

You can use the Command Line Workstation to grab the required trace as a xml file for e.g below command will get all normal traces for agent called "Tomcat Agent" sent between October 29th to October 30th

java -jar CLWorkstation.jar get historical events matching "type:normal and agent:Tomcat Agent and time:[20151029 TO 20151030]"

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Kulbir.

• 3.  Re: Export Investigator Traces data from the Tree View

Posted Oct 30, 2015 02:52 PM

1E3 Thanks Kulbir,

I got some data now (without "type:normal"). The xml file like this

31171027 Oct 30 19:39 TransactionTraceData-20151030193938.xml

Hopefully, the devoloper know how to read the data.

Thanks for help,

have a nice weekend,

Lutz

p.s.

I use get historical events matching "agent:WepSphere Agentname and time:[20151029 TO 20151030]", all the time I use "type:nomal" I got "No transaction traces collected". I try to get some additional documentation/information.

• 4.  Re: Export Investigator Traces data from the Tree View

• 5.  Re: Export Investigator Traces data from the Tree View

Posted Oct 30, 2015 07:26 PM

Hi,

thanks Guenter, I try to play with some filter, but the result doesn't fit well.

On the other hand I sent the whole data from all collected traces for one day to the developer. The folks are able to analyse what's going wrong now. But I can't find a tool to handle/visualize the data outside of Introscope, but the xml-files are readable in general.

Have a nice weekend,

Lutz