DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can someone tell me the usefulness of MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer and BOMapBlamedFaultTracer?

• 1.  Can someone tell me the usefulness of MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer and BOMapBlamedFaultTracer?

Posted Apr 29, 2016 03:38 PM

Can someone tell me the usefulness of MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer and

BOMapBlamedFaultTracer?

I deployed the files wesb.pbd and wps.pbd and the log file show this error

[ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Introscope AutoProbe will not run because

the provided directives files are not valid: Can't proceed because there are

conflicting tracer parameters for MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer, BOMapBlamedFaultTracer.

Please restart with valid directives.

I commented in the files wesb.pbd y wps.pbd the lines that contains MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer

and BOMapBlamedFaultTracer and it works, but the problem is that in the dashboards is not

showing all the information.

I am working with CA APM 10.1.

Thanks in advance,

Henry.-

• 2.  Re: Can someone tell me the usefulness of MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer and BOMapBlamedFaultTracer?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2016 11:35 AM

Hi Henry,

Both wps.pbd and wesb.pbd will conflict if you are running both because WPS extends WESB and already covers the monitoring specifications in wesb.pbd, except for the naming differences in the metric nodes and paths.

There are two ways to handle this.

1. You can just use wps.pbd and remove wesb.pbd from being included

- or -

2. You can leave both enabled but modify the wesb.pbd as per below.

Edit wesb.pbd: comment out (disable) these lines:

SetTracerClassMapping: BOMapBlamedFaultTracer com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.hc2.MethodThrewErrorReportingTracer com.wily.introscope.probebuilder.valid ate.MetricNameValidator

SetTracerParameter: BOMapBlamedFaultTracer useblame false

SetTracerClassMapping: MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.hc2.MethodThrewErrorReportingTracer com.wily.introscope.probebuilder.validate.MetricNameValidator

SetTracerParameter: MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer nameformatter com.wily.powerpack.websphereprocserver.nameformatter.MediationPrimitiveFormatter

SetTracerParameter: MedPrimBlamedFaultTracer useblame false

Save the changes in the WESB.pbd and restart.

Regards,
    Matt